shape
carat
color
clarity

Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The crowd was very raucous before the show (fun, friendly and in high spirits), and got very quiet for the movie. Applause broke out in appropriate places. And, after 30 years of this saga, that's my little slice of the Ep III experience.

So... I guess now we're all anxiously awaiting the release of 'Legally Blonde III'
9.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Much fun you had. Good pictures are they! My thanks you have for posting them!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there i should have been.
21.gif
at work i was.
8.gif
my thanks you have for sharing all
21.gif
the fun!

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ughhh... I should have been there!
7.gif
So disappointed!
7.gif

We made a desperate attempt to make it to the midnight showing but failed. We made ourselves go to bed at 7pm and set the alarm for 11pm to get up and head to the movies to stand in line (even had my camera ready because I knew it would be a sight to see). Too bad we slept right through the alarm. I remember it going off and it sounding so far away that I just couldn''t pry my eyelids open enough to drag myself out of my nice, comfy, snuggly bed. So, I just closed my eyes tighter and went back to dreamland!
9.gif
I knew there wouldn''t be enough Starbucks in the world that could keep me awake all day today!
20.gif

I refuse to talk to anyone who''s seen it yet because I''m waiting for my chance on Friday night to make it out and see it!

Love all the pics, John!
1.gif

35.gif

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ah....yet more reasons to love this forum.

We''re fandangoed for Saturday night.

One of the ways I got my wife to go was getting tickets for our 6 year old. Think it will be rough for him? Mom can bring him in the hall, as needed.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2005 11:14:56 AM
Author: Regular Guy
Ah....yet more reasons to love this forum.

We're fandangoed for Saturday night.

One of the ways I got my wife to go was getting tickets for our 6 year old. Think it will be rough for him? Mom can bring him in the hall, as needed.
I would imagine it depends on how sensitive he is. I can comment more when I see it today
36.gif
- but the review mentioned it was dark & that it may scare young children - the review said it deserved every bit of the PG13 rating.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures are great, thanks for posting them! I love the one of you and the TV group.

FI had a blast and really enjoyed the movie. He said he would go again with me, at more reasonable hour. My treat for the night was driving to the theatre (20 min away) at 3am to take him his spare key. In his excitement, he locked his keys in his car.
20.gif
When asked how he could make it up to me, I told him diamonds would be nice!
9.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So John, this will make your head spin, I have yet to see any of the star wars movies.....
emdgust.gif

My FI has bruises on his chin from the speed that his jaw hit the floor.. needless to say we are watching the 1st one tonight, thank goodness for NETFLICKS.

LOL, it looks like it was a good time, glad you shared with us!!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Pearcrazy - LOL. I love it…errr…Love it I do. Welcome you are.

Belle – Enjoyed that I would have. Welcome you are too. (R2)

Later must you go. Cool shall it be.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Jamie - We knew that if we went to bed it could have been lights out, so our group met at a local watering hole to watch NBA action and psych up for the main event. You’ll have a great Friday. Actually, I may get nerdy enough to go for round 2 Fri or Sat myself.

Ira – Prepare for a great ride. Having experienced it I'd raise up a caution flag on the 6yo though. He may need a break from this one. It’s 2.5 hours, not counting a dozen previews and the content is more aberrant than you might think. Further, the percussive and effects-loaded soundtrack over booming surround sound - coupled with ridiculo-madd lasers, scary saber skillz, gnashing beasties and feral, yellow-eyed Sith-ness – is a bit much for your average tot. That's just what methinks.

It is notably more evil-bent than the others.
emotion-14.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2005 12:18:28 PM
Author: njc
Those pictures are great, thanks for posting them! I love the one of you and the TV group.

FI had a blast and really enjoyed the movie. He said he would go again with me, at more reasonable hour. My treat for the night was driving to the theatre (20 min away) at 3am to take him his spare key. In his excitement, he locked his keys in his car.
20.gif
9.gif

NJC – Welcome you are…uhhhh…I mean “you’re welcome!”
1.gif
I can’t believe you had to drive out to give him the keys that late! LOL, if that had happened to me I’m pretty sure I would have been told ‘Yeah right… Use the force, Luke.

Yeah, I’m thinking some nice, petite diamond studs would be a suitable reward.

Date: 5/19/2005 12:33:27 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
So John, this will make your head spin, I have yet to see any of the star wars movies.....
emdgust.gif

My FI has bruises on his chin from the speed that his jaw hit the floor.. needless to say we are watching the 1st one tonight, thank goodness for NETFLICKS.

WHAT?

Okay Renee. I need to just pretend I didn't see this or else I’m coming straight to your office to put Eps I & II in the DVD drive right now! Then I'm calling your man and arranging a midnight Starbucks run: I'll bring it over so he can keep you awake for IV, V and VI after you see III tonight!

By this time tomorrow you’ll be updated and running SWversion1-6 like us other geeks!

Seriously, I am glad you're taking the plunge.
9.gif
You know you must get up to speed before August 13: After that you’ll have NO time to spare… Well, except for that 7 day cruise
37.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, it was quite a ride! MUCH better than the first two; but, not as good as the first installment. Visually, it's SPECTACULAR. It deserved every bit of it's PG-13 rating; so, a word of caution for the little ones if they are sensitive or get sensor overload.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
glad to hear it got great reviews from you guys... and thanks for the pics john.

nowadays, i''m so confused on which ''reviews'' to trust... i think i''ll stick with the pricescope recommendations. :)

can''t wait to see it... (after the episode IV-VI, I & II marathon)

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I Fandangoed mine as well and went to the matinee today.

It's definitely not for young kids(IMO under 12). Tho' I did see quite a few there...one almost as young as my son(almost 2).
23.gif
I was wondering what the parents were smoking to bring him. The volume alone seems too much, let alone the film!
38.gif
Maybe they hadn't read/heard any reviews.

I'm giving it a 9.0 out of 10. Dh says 9.75. I did cry but, FWIW, I'm pregnant and hormonal.
26.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2005 6:28:25 PM
Author: bopitaddict
glad to hear it got great reviews from you guys... and thanks for the pics john.

nowadays, i''m so confused on which ''reviews'' to trust... i think i''ll stick with the pricescope recommendations. :)

can''t wait to see it... (after the episode IV-VI, I & II marathon)

For reviews, I like www.rottentomatoes.com

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2005 3:24:34 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

WHAT?

Okay Renee. I need to just pretend I didn''t see this or else I’m coming straight to your office to put Eps I & II in the DVD drive right now!
Same here John ! You are most welcome with those DVDs!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 12:33:47 AM
Author: kaylagee
I Fandangoed mine as well and went to the matinee today.

It''s definitely not for young kids(IMO under 12). Tho'' I did see quite a few there...one almost as young as my son(almost 2).
23.gif
I was wondering what the parents were smoking to bring him. The volume alone seems too much, let alone the film!
38.gif
Maybe they hadn''t read/heard any reviews.

I''m giving it a 9.0 out of 10. Dh says 9.75. I did cry but, FWIW, I''m pregnant and hormonal.
26.gif
Funny, a women plopped her 4 yo and 6 yo in front of my seats. The four year old fell sound asleep. I agree that it''s not for young kids; but, I guess it depends on the kid.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I'm Fandango'd in at 6.30 tonight! Woo hoo! I'm really excited, and praying that it truly surpasses Eps I & II. I couldn't stand that little kid.

I had dinner with a couple last night and would you believe that she had never seen ANY of the Star Wars movies and neither of them had seen any of the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
23.gif
I almost fell out of my seat in shock and dismay.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/19/2005 3:24:34 PM

Date: 5/19/2005 12:18:28 PM
Author: njc

20.gif
9.gif

NJC – Welcome you are…uhhhh…I mean “you’re welcome!”
1.gif
I can’t believe you had to drive out to give him the keys that late! LOL, if that had happened to me I’m pretty sure I would have been told ‘Yeah right… Use the force, Luke.

Yeah, I’m thinking some nice, petite diamond studs would be a suitable reward.

emdgust.gif

WHAT?

Okay Renee. I need to just pretend I didn''t see this or else I’m coming straight to your office to put Eps I & II in the DVD drive right now! Then I''m calling your man and arranging a midnight Starbucks run: I''ll bring it over so he can keep you awake for IV, V and VI after you see III tonight!

By this time tomorrow you’ll be updated and running SWversion1-6 like us other geeks!

Seriously, I am glad you''re taking the plunge.
9.gif
You know you must get up to speed before August 13: After that you’ll have NO time to spare… Well, except for that 7 day cruise
37.gif

LOL, My FI was on a mission when I got home last night. He told me to go work out and that he was going to clean and do the laundry
emdgust.gif
and he was also going to make dinner to make sure that we were to start watching the movie at appr. 8:30 so it would be over by my bed time.....I don''t think I have ever seen him so driven. Needless to say we are going to my parents tonight for my birthday dinner and the next installment of SW is to accompany us.... I did enjoy the movie though. I am all into it now- not hard core YET, but fastly approching. I feel bad because I won''t ever be able to stay up late and wait for the next to come... I guess I will just have to dress up and wait for the 12:01 showing of Harry Potter
emwink.gif

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have been to the dark side and back....kkkrhhhhh *speaking in my best Darth Vadar voice* tee hee

We couldn''t hold out for Friday and made ourselves go last night!
29.gif

Can you believe how funny R2D2 was in this episode? I just about fell off my seat in the scene with the cell phone thingy and he was trying to hide from the other droid thingy''s!

What a creepy, eerie silence that fell throughout the theatre when the Vadar mask was closed.. gave me chills!
23.gif

Lucas is a genius! What more can we say?
37.gif

May the force be with you on your galactic diamond journey!

35.gif

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2005 2:40:48 PM

Pearcrazy - LOL. I love it…errr…Love it I do. Welcome you are.

Belle – Enjoyed that I would have. Welcome you are too. (R2)

Later must you go. Cool shall it be.
LOLOL LOLO LOLO LOLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

My children are imitating Yoda ALL the time right now.

A
"Bed you do not want us to go" "Up you want us to stay"

T
"Teeth they are brushed. Candy to us you want to give..."

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 1:51:37 AM
Author: valeria101

9.gif
CAREFUL wtih your welcomes, Ana... I might just hop on the next flight out of Texas. Star Wars education is a PRIORITY!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Renee, your man did the right thing. I applaud him. Catch up as fast as you can. It will be important that - if someone around you makes Wookie noises or breathes like Darth Vader - you understand what''s going on.

Jamie, funny that you mention the R2D2 moment: I had commented to someone (a long time ago in a restaurant far, far away) that I thought they de-emphasized the droids'' roles in Eps I and II, except for the ludicrous R2-flying bit, which was an obvious setup for a forthcoming video game. The R2 fun was a welcome moment. Captain Antilles'' instructions at the end of the flick to wipe 3P0s memory explains a lot of why he''s a gibbering idiot in Ep IV, while R2 is a genius.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2005 3:02:42 AM

Date: 5/20/2005 1:51:37 AM
Author: valeria101

CAREFUL wtih your welcomes, Ana... I might just hop on the next flight out of Texas. Star Wars education is a PRIORITY!
Yes sir! ''got allot of catching up to do
34.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 1:33:57 PM
Author: MINE!!
LOLOL LOLO LOLO LOLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

My children are imitating Yoda ALL the time right now.

A
''Bed you do not want us to go'' ''Up you want us to stay''

T
''Teeth they are brushed. Candy to us you want to give...''

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Hehehe. Awesome. Please high 5 your kiddos for me!

Cracked me up this did.

Late it is.
Tired am I.

To bed shall I go.

yoda.jpg

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Re Wookie noises, I think we underestimate how important these pop cultures references can be. I told my mechanic recently that it sounds like Chewbacca is under my car and it went right over his head. And Chewie is still under there somewhere...

And just my .02 - Yoda was much cuter when he was a real live puppet.
face1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m going for round two.
9.gif
Hubby wants to see it; so, we are going to the 1;45. I''ll report if it holds your attention AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results