shape
carat
color
clarity

Tolkowski Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sdmccann

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing this diamond over the internet. However, it is Tolkowski cut and so the cut advisor is no help. Can someone tell me how well this diamond is cut. Thanks.
EGL Certificate # 2208035525
Wt. 1.09 cts
Round Brilliant, 6.66-6.59x4.07mm
Depth 51.4%
Table 58%
Crown Height 14%
Pavilion Depth 44%
Girdle: Med. faceted
Polish: Good
Symetry: VG
Culet: None
Clarity Grade: VFII
Graining: Nil
Color Grade: I
Florescence: None
Tolkowski Ideal cut.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The stone was graded by EGL Israel. Please run a search to see what we think of that lab.
errrr.gif
nono.gif

I too assume you meant 61.4%... But what's the clarity grade? VS 2?

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sdmccann. You can use the cut advisor for this stone. You just have to change the degrees to % for the crown and pavilion angles. This stone comes out to a 3.9, good, good, good, very good - worth buying if the price is right.
Personally, with all of the great cuts out there on the internet, the price would have to be awfully right and I'd have to be wedded to a 1 carat for that price before I'd consider it. It is color I and what clarity? VFII must be a typo - do you mean VS2?
If you compare the price to similar stones (search them out on this site) you can see if you're getting a good price, but it's definitely not a Tolkowsky cut.

Good Luck, and keep learning.

sdmccann

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help. I copied the diamond numbers from the email that the owner sent to me, so I am waiting to hear back from him to verify those possible typos. I missed the vf...I assume that should be vs also. However, I do want to make sure about the total depth. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could check back in the next day or so and comment when I hear back from the owner. The price of the diamond is 3000 us dollars. Is that reasonable, good or should I keep looking? I realize that I'll have to double check the diamond proportions before you can answer this. Thank you again and I hope to hear back from you soon.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
EGL's version of the "Tolkowsky Cut" is not the true Tolkowsky Cut, it is a range considered to be within tolerance of Tolkowsky's design... Read between the lines and that sentence reads "it's not Tolkowsky" if you want our opinion... EGL just bought the right to license the name, Marketing 101.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
If indeed the depth is 61.4 and it is a VS2 it may be a very good deal at $3,000. However, I would not make a purchase unless the exchange policy is acceptable and you can have the report verified by a independent appraiser. This is very important! Cindy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/15/2003 2:14:36 PM Cut Nut wrote:

But you have a typo - 51% is probaly 61%----------------

Not that I haven't seen pieces cot at 50% depth making shade (?, not much due to outstanding transparency
2.gif
) to the Earth!

Take care! really...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results