shape
carat
color
clarity

To return or not to return?

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I purchased this lovely antique ring from a seller on eBay and I can't decide whether to keep it or not...:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7VS%2Fo%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I love the design (I've always been fond of the crescent moon and stars) however, the shank and underside is pretty worn down and the prongs look a little thin as well... They're holding the diamonds fairly securely and don't look like they need retipping or anything like that, but the overall ring has quite a bit of wear. The shank is strong enough to be worn, but I fear it will have to be replaced it I frequently wear it over time.

I love vintage and antique style jewelry and I know that most of these pieces come previously loved/worn, but I'm torn between keeping this ring since I think the design is beautiful and unique however I'm still worried about durability issues... I don't want to have to keep it in a box all the time since I'm afraid a stone might get lost if I wear it. I originally bought it to wear as a right hand ring.

I haven't taken photos of it yet, but I can take some in case anyone's interested. What would you do if faced with the same decision?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful, unusual ring, I can see why you bought this.

Do you have a goldsmith or jeweler you would trust to look at and evaluate the prongs, etc? Personally, this is lovely and unusual enough that if I were in your place, I'd be inclined to keep it and wear it occasionally and carefully if it looked as though it were either repairable or safe to wear as is.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Hi Aoife- I do have a local jeweler I usually go to when I get my rings resized, stones set, etc. I guess I'll try to stop by sometime this week and get their opinion. I agree it's such a lovely ring-thanks! :))

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i like the ring and it looks like a good amount of diamond weight for $395.00!The seller is top rated which is important. i would keep it if the ring has nice stones and it wont cost you alot of money to make it wearable.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Xiriah, the ring is amazing...Seriously, i wish i had seen this and bought it myself!!! Very unique...i'd definitely keep it...

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys! :) I'm leaning towards keeping it now. I'm attaching some quick photos I took of the underside of the ring and the shank. The shank is a little bit thicker than in the photo since the warm colored lighting in my bathroom was reflecting on it.

crescent moon ring 005.JPG

crescent moon ring 004.JPG

crescent moon ring 003.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd keep it.
It's suuuuuuper cool.
I love the design, the wear and the patina.

I'd just not wear it much and only for light duty jobs like going out to dinner and a movie.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1309307417|2957458 said:
I'd keep it.
It's suuuuuuper cool.
I love the design, the wear and the patina.

I'd just not wear it much and only for light duty jobs like going out to dinner and a movie.

Aww, thanks Kenny! I guess it's settled, I'll keep it. :bigsmile: I love the design and everyone seems to agree. I guess I'll wear it out occasionally and admire it for the antique beauty it is.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results