shape
carat
color
clarity

To Pave or Not to Pave - I NEED YOUR INPUT! (pic)

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I struggle to decide if I want to have the "shoulders" of my plain bezel-set OEC (Left) pave-set with small diamonds to look like shoulders of JJC's beautiful prong-set OEC ring (Right). Please help!

I love the look of the pave shoulder but fear the "clean line" of my bezel basket setting won't look as nice with miligrin pave shoulder as JJC's prong-set center.

Please vote and let me know what you would do if this was your ring! Thanks!

comparisonZhu.jpg

JeraVae

Shiny_Rock
It won't look quite as clean, but I always vote for pave. I'm an antiquey girl at heart, though.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
JeraVae said:
It won't look quite as clean, but I always vote for pave. I'm an antiquey girl at heart, though.

Thanks Jera! I also thought the same thing. The goldsmith couldn't add diamonds to the bezel without removing the stone, and I don't want to risk damaging the diamond by having work done on the bezel. If I were to pave, it will only be on the two flanking shoulders. I slightly worry that it will look like a "half antique half modern" product.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Easy fix - milgrain the bezel! Then it will be all-antique, all-the-time. :)

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
1) I love your ring! How have I never seen it before?

2) I really like modern designs so I love it the way it is.

3) It would still look great with pave (and I like Circe's suggestion to milgrain the bezel and go all the way), but I'm voting no, only because I would miss the original. Have you considered wearing a diamond band with it?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Circe,
Unfortunately there is not enough gold on the bezel to miligrain it without risking the diamond. :(

Hi Lurchie,
Thank you for the vote (yours is same as my husbnad's). This is a right hand ring so I won't be wearing any band with it. I am still debating and it is really hard ;( !

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
i would usually vote for pave.. but in this case, i think it just looks so sleek and gorgeous without it.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
How about a beautiful engraving on the band instead of pave? and milgrain on the bezel. :)

paris29

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the pave band. I'm a little biased though because I'm getting a three row pave band for my e-ring setting.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
zhuzhu, I love this ring! More pictures, please! I think you should leave it plain (and maybe pair it with a tiny milgrained, pave band :lickout: ).

I just love contrasts -- I like H&A stones set in antique settings and I like OECs set in modern settings. And your setting is so graceful.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for no pave. I think your setting is really striking the way it is!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like how modern it is and wouldn't change a thing :)

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I like it the way it is. I would get two teeny-tiny thin pave bands and wear them on the sides. You retain the modern/classic look but get the pave. And, I like the shiny metal in the center. Don't change your ring, its beautiful.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
ooohhh...this is tough. I always favor pave, but in this case, I'm afraid it might look unfinished with the modern bezel. I liked the milgraining idea, but obviously it is not worth risking the stone. I think it is beautiful as is. :love:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
beadchick said:
I like it the way it is. I would get two teeny-tiny thin pave bands and wear them on the sides. You retain the modern/classic look but get the pave. And, I like the shiny metal in the center. Don't change your ring, its beautiful.

I completely agree. :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burberrygirl said:
beadchick said:

I completely agree. :))

I do too and I love the band idea!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beadchick said:

Love this idea!! I agree that your ring is stunning in its simplicity - I wouldn't change a thing!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your input!

I have made my decision to NOT pave it at this time. One big difference between my shank and JJC's is that mine are finished in a comfort band style - rounded all around. I think miligrain around the pave diamond will disrupt that linear line too much.

Who knows though, I just may change my mind in a month or two. But for right now, I will wear it with other vintage pieces like you suggested!

XOXOXO!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'd have Greenlake Jewelers engrave it, actually- they have somewhat more modern styles of engraving that leave some of the shiny metal visible, like twining vines with leaves and such, that are still gorgeous, which is what I'm picturing on this ring.

I think you're right though about the comfort fit curve of it wouldn't mix with pave & millgrain well, though.

Even if you leave it as-is, it's a very lovely ring! I am a huge convert to bezels, especially with OECs.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I vote for no pave. I think it would take away from the clean lines and your beautiful center stone.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I vote pave!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks great the way it is so I vote no pave.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Pave - I'm one for pave :sun:

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Love the pave - that would be my choice

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm voting no pave, but I'm simply in love with your plain bezeled OEC anyway! Gorgeous ring, and I love that the whole shank is comfort fit. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results