shape
carat
color
clarity

To keep or to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

I been sick for the last few days and stuck at home. So to keep busy I went though some old jewelry that I don’t really ever wear. Most of the little pieces I am going to give to my nice who loves jewelry. However one piece I don’t know what to do with. It’s a rose gold bracelet that I picked up at a pawn shop in Virginia. I think I paid some where around 400.00 dollars for it six years ago. Its 18k but it does not have the rich red to it that most rose gold pieces have. Its color is more of a peach. It is also very small in diameter nearly like a chills bracelet (I have tiny bone structure and bracelets never fit me. I like the piece but do not wear it very often I normally just wear my watch and I hate wearing anything on my right wrist. I have a few odds and ends that I will be putting on consignment and wounding should I include this bracelet with the other pieces? Tell me what you think.

Picture 211.jpg

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Also there are some pics of my dog Darby. He loves the camera!!!

ahhw.jpg

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the fuzzy pics, it’s hard to take good pics with a fluffy little guy begging for attention .

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Macie, I think the piece is beautiful! But if it''s just sitting around and not seeing much love, and there is no sentimental value to it, might as well sell it and maybe put the proceeds towards another piece?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Off topic - is Darby a Westhighland White Terrier?

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
He is a rescue dog that is Malitpoo and Scottish terrier.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I bumped my old thread about him in the diamond hangout.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/3/2008 7:58:12 PM
Author: Macie
I bumped my old thread about him in the diamond hangout.
I''ll go over for a visit! His ears confused me - although he has the terrier face, he doesn''t have the upright ears.

Very cute pup, by the way!

On the original subject, I think you should sell it. If you rarely use it because you dislike bracelets, why keep it? It looks nice, but it isn''t "earning its keep", as it were
2.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
If its hollow then sell...put the money toward something that you will wear and enjoy...or you could put the money towards something for your new pricescope friend...Me!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

JM no it is solid and heavy. I love the weight of it and design but I am turned off by the light peach color.

I might bring home a few goodies today when I put my other pieces up for consignment. The owner told me he received a lot of old deco plat pieces that I would love. This is the same jewelry that my hubby bought my art deco plat necklace from.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Well JM are you not located in New York? If so may I can get you a nice present when I go there next in Nov.
35.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 8:16:22 AM
Well JM are you not located in New York? If so may I can get you a nice present when I go there next in Nov.
35.gif
Sorry...Im in Utah...but you could visit to ski or shop...keep the bracelet...solid feels so good on the arm...maybe i will meet you in New York and we could shop for my gift!Tiffany...Cartier...Van Cleef...we could do some serious jewelry shopping in the Big Apple!I actually dont mind a lighter rose gold...some deeper tones can come off looking coppery...besides you wont get really deep tones in 18kt because of the lower amounts of alloying metals(copper).

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh that’s why it''s not deep red due to it being 18k. I also put some old yellow gold pieces up for consignment today and ended up buying two platinum rings
27.gif
one channel set with diamonds and a 1934 wedding band with the inscription inside in perfect condition and also a small plat. sapphire and diamond pendent.
I wish I could afford Tiffany, Cartier, Van Cleef, most of my pieces I worked very hard for or have been handed down to me.
I will post pics of my new additions tonight or tomorrow.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would sell it! FWIW, I''m planning to sell off some of my pieces that I never wear since it seems a waste just to have them lying around.

What percentage does the consignment shop your working with take?

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
The one I deal with normally takes about 25% but I have been a customer with them for along time so they only charge a 10% fee with me (I love the estate pieces and ended up being allot from them). Also they have a minimum limit monetary limit of $500. per piece of jewelry.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Sell and put it towards something else. It''s a good time to sell, too.

eac

Shiny_Rock
I happen to be a big fan of that paler, peach-toned rose gold - I''m a very fair-skinned redhead, and it suits me much better than yellow gold. I myself have sold a piece or two that were in very bright, brassy yellow gold, because it wasn''t me.

So, if you''re not feeling the love, either give it to your niece or sell it, and rest assured that your bracelet will find a buyer, sooner or later!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 3:15:46 PM

Ahh that’s why it''s not deep red due to it being 18k. I also put some old yellow gold pieces up for consignment today and ended up buying two platinum rings
27.gif
one channel set with diamonds and a 1934 wedding band with the inscription inside in perfect condition and also a small plat. sapphire and diamond pendent.
I wish I could afford Tiffany, Cartier, Van Cleef, most of my pieces I worked very hard for or have been handed down to me.

I will post pics of my new additions tonight or tomorrow.
cant wait to see your new pieces...please post soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results