shape
carat
color
clarity

To I1!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
If anyone has followed, there was a previous post entitled questions on quality where a diamond from superbcert was posted. It was a 1.46 I I1 ex,ex gia graded. It scored between a 1 -1.5 in the hca depending on whether you used the angles or the percentages. We had it shipped to chicago''s pro gem services lab (PGS) where an independant appraiser looked at it. oh, the best part, the price $4450.00 When talking to the appraier, he said that for that price he never would have even looked at it, that it should have a hugew feather right across the table or something awful. When he opened the stone, he and the both of us, my boyfriend and I, were shocked. To all of us it was 99% eye clean. You couldn''t see the inclusions for all of the light return that this diamond gave off. He appraised it for almost double what we were paying and said that they would have graded it an H SI3 or even SI2. WOW was the only thing that we could say! It was gorgeous!!! My boyfriend was shocked that I could find a diamond this beautiful for even less than his budget!! He was so impressed that he has already put the stone on hold and began making arrangements to purchase!! I am so thankful to all o fht eknowledge that i have gained from this site adn will share hte details to come!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Abby...I had been wondering about that stone recently. It would make such a wonderful pendant.
2.gif

Can't wait to hear the story and see the pictures. SC has some wonderfully beautiful stones and they seem to photography very lovely.

Congratulations on a smart choice...and having it send to the inde. appraiser so you can see it was a very good move!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You got the bargain of the century! A $10K+ looks at less than one half that price. I myself love I 1's... They can be excellent values, if they have the right inclusion in the right position.
1.gif

You definitely made a wise choice. Congrats!
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WTG, Abby!!
appl.gif
Can't wait to see the pics!!
9.gif

Many congrats on the upcoming engagement!!
love.gif

Downside tho, is,...... FH now expects you to be the super shopper!!
naughty.gif

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
I think that was the diamond I was "eyeing" from afar. But I can't afford ANY diamonds right now.

Congrats!

Take many pictures when you get it!

Shappy

Rough_Rock
Congrats! You are my kind of shopper!!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Abby, Can't wait to see pic's..
21.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CONGRATS TO YOU! I have to tell ya I love finding those kind of cherries (almost eye clean Si2 and I1's). We had recently called in and examined a 1.54ct SI2 which happened to be completely eye clean and the price point for SI2 and especially I1's are just incredible. When other features compensate for the clarity that's just an added bonus. Thanks for sharing.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! :}

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Good for you...getting a fabulous deal on the rock of your choosing simply doubles the fun! Post pictures--sounds like a STUNNER!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I am a true believer that I1's can be beautiful stones. I own one as well, a 0.57 H I1 Eightstar that I just had set in a pendant. It's so sparkly and I've never seen the inclusions in it with just my eye.

You got a great deal on one heck of a stone. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the list too. I've got a 1cttw 3 stone ring that has I1 stones in it. With a loupe I can see the inclusions in the sidestones, but hardly anything in the centre stone. With my unaided eye, all I see are beautiful diamonds. I got it for a fantastic price too.
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Abby, I'm so happy for you! I've been watching all of the I1s that Barry recently got in and every time one goes I am a little disappointed...Like it should have been mine, LOL.

A question for you...The one you got was the one that showed a "reflecting" inclusion in the photo of it. In person, does the inclusion reflect at all? Do you see it reflecting? Or do you not see it at all? Barry said that the camera tends to emphasize those reflections but I was wondering if you could see it reflecting.

My stone's inclusion is right under the table and I can see it with my naked eye at the right angle. In the Hearts and Arrow viewer, I see it reflecting and it looks like lots of "dots," but with my naked eye or just the loupe, no reflections...just the one inclusion.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the support and congratulations! My compter has not been letting me sign on, so sorry for the no replies!
Yes...the diamond does have "reflecting" inclusions. The inclusions could be seen reflectiong around the the middle of the diamond with the loupe...but the strangest thing happened when you took the loupe away...you couldn't see anything!!! We tried so hard, and still nothing.
I think that it will be awhile before pictures are posted. My soon to be (hopefully) fiance is going to have it in his posession and I am sure he won't let me see it before he gives it to me! So the next time i get to see it, it will be set in the vatche x prong with channel set rounds on the sides!! PS we went to a local jewler to look at vatche settings. I had already spoke with him about the fact that we would only be looking at settings, that we already had a diamond, and yet when we walked in their he already was trying to sell us another diamond. He asked us about the one we had and we told himand he tried selling us a really awful 1.68 I I1 for 5000! Not all I1's are equal!!!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/25/2004 9:53:02 AM abbymax825 wrote:

I had already spoke with him (the jeweller) about the fact that we would only be looking at settings, that we already had a diamond, and yet when we walked in their he already was trying to sell us another diamond. He asked us about the one we had and we told himand he tried selling us a really awful 1.68 I I1 for 5000! Not all I1's are equal!!!----------------

You've got to admire his tenacity, if not his diamonds!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results