shape
carat
color
clarity

To Halo or Not to Halo??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
Hi All. I am seeking some of your expert advice. I can not decide whether I should alter my ering by putting diamonds around the stone. I love the look of the harry winston micro pave, and right now my ring is like the tiffany novo - only the band is thinner. My stone is 1.68 carats - H color - cushion modified brilliant. Do you think by putting diamonds around the stone the ring/diamond will look bigger? Do you think my stone would have the same look as the harry winston micro pave ring that is pictured? Obviously...i need help!! Let me know what you guys think. Pictures are attached. thanks so much!!

IMG_7686.jpg

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
heres another picture of my ring
Date: 9/3/2009 9:51:46 AM
Author:ttee2g
Hi All. I am seeking some of your expert advice. I can not decide whether I should alter my ering by putting diamonds around the stone. I love the look of the harry winston micro pave, and right now my ring is like the tiffany novo - only the band is thinner. My stone is 1.68 carats - H color - cushion modified brilliant. Do you think by putting diamonds around the stone the ring/diamond will look bigger? Do you think my stone would have the same look as the harry winston micro pave ring that is pictured? Obviously...i need help!! Let me know what you guys think. Pictures are attached. thanks so much!!

IMG_7683.jpg

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 9:52:40 AM
Author: ttee2g
heres another picture of my ring

Date: 9/3/2009 9:51:46 AM
Author:ttee2g
and now...picture of the ring i dream of - this is what i would hope it to look like - what do you guys think?

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
to answer your question; if you were to put it in a halo, yes i personally think it would look bigger.. but my personal preference has always been towards solitaire settings that enhance and make the center diamond POP! I feel like halo''s take away from it, but thats only my thought.. if you want a big BAM KPOW FLASHER, Halo might do the trick lol

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
yes it will look larger. I have a 1.77 in a halo and it looks so much larger than when the stone was solo.

if you do Halo it...post pics please

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that''s a nice big stone on it''s own...I probably wouldn''t halo it.

asforhim

Rough_Rock
I love my halo. If you do, make sure you have someone talented make the setting for you, ie Leon Mege. Harry winston 3.11

kjlksjdkd.jpg

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughts so far.

OMG - Asforhim - - this is the ring I am in love with! I would be so happy if my ring looked like this. Here is my question though...your ring is 3.11 and mine is 1.68c - do you think it would have the same look on a smaller stone?

Can I ask were Leon is located?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/3/2009 11:31:34 AM
Author: ttee2g
Thank you all for your thoughts so far.

OMG - Asforhim - - this is the ring I am in love with! I would be so happy if my ring looked like this. Here is my question though...your ring is 3.11 and mine is 1.68c - do you think it would have the same look on a smaller stone?

Can I ask were Leon is located?
I LOVE Asforhim's ring!! Yummo!!
18.gif

Leon is in NYC. You can find his contact details and drool on his numerous divine creations here: http://www.artofplatinum.com/start/enter.php

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I guess you answered your own question. since you really love this look, go for it and good luck.
The ring you are admiring is indeed very pretty, and I admire it too even though personally, I don''t like halos and wouldn''t get one for me. I think that the ring youhave is already beautiful.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
That''s some serious rock you got on! Nice!!!
I''m a halo fan btw.

asforhim

Rough_Rock
Leon Mege does great work. Instead of getting the harry winston wedding band to match I had Leon make me one. The Leon is easily as nice and the diamonds match perfectly. I also had him make some halo earrings for me that are to die for. He is substantially cheaper than HW (atleast 1/3) and I may have even done the ring through him but I fell in love with the HW halo... couldn''t resist.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
To halo!

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
asforhim, I am one of those in love with your ring!!! May I ask what that knockout cost?? I was considering one in 1.50 to 2.00ct. I have a dainty wrist and slender fingers, could you be so kind as to measure that beauty (center stone with the halo around it) so I know how big it would look on me???

I would really be greatful!!!
41.gif

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Oh! and I completely agree with Black Jade!! Your reaction says it all!!
emsmile.gif

asforhim

Rough_Rock
Trinity Creation... The diamond with setting is around 12.5 x 11.

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your prompt answer!! So that was in milimeters including the halo.

Thanks!!
emteeth.gif

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
I know! i love the look of the ring like asforhim''s ...but Im not sure if mine would look the same? Do you think my stone is much squarer than that?

Thank you all so much for your help and thoughts. i appreciate it!!

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Not at all. I think asforhim''s rock looks pretty squareish. Maybe even more so than yours.

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Oh, but one question ttee2g. Did you love the style of your engagment ring just as much when you received it as you love the HW halo now? Or was it something that was picked for you?

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Oh, and one more thing!! Make sure whoever you get to do the halo knows that you want the look of round corners on the halo. I have noticed myself that depending on the way stones and positioned and the size of the diamonds makes the corners appear to have a point.

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 10:26:04 PM
Author: Trinity Creation
Oh, but one question ttee2g. Did you love the style of your engagment ring just as much when you received it as you love the HW halo now? Or was it something that was picked for you?
well...i liked the tiffany novo, but really wanted a halo around it...this is before i even knew of the hw micro pave...i prob should have done more research. anyway...my fiance knew this, and was advised not to get the diamond haloed from the woman who was helping him. she said it would change the look of the ring - and take away from the diamond. So - he kept it. When he told me that I was a little dissapointed because I think I would have really liked it...hence, this thread. I dont want to hurt his feelings by altering the ring...but since that was he intially wanted to do that for me.. I dont think he would mind....I hope he wouldnt...ahhhhh....i dont know what to do!?!?

ttee2g

Rough_Rock
ok. i will def make a note of that! thanks so much again for everyone''s responses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results