shape
carat
color
clarity

To Get A Videographer Or Not ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I know this has been discussed at various times in some older threads, but was curious how important some of you current BWWs think a videographer is. It would be an extra $2,200 for us, and while the videos look amazing judging from the samples I''ve seen (very "film-like" and creative), I just don''t know if I can justify the extra expense.

We''re splurging a bit on our venue/catering so I''m trying to cut costs where I can. Do you think I''ll regret it if we skip it? For those that didn''t use one, do you regret it? If you did use one, are you happy you did?

I can''t figure out how to work the poll option, otherwise I would have used a poll!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
It was a personal decision for us because my grandfather can''t travel so to me it was worth it to have something he could witness. Also, of the weddings that I have been in, I always love seeing the video''s. I think I would regret it if we didn''t have one but I''ll let you know in a few months how I feel about it.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 3:25:32 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
It was a personal decision for us because my grandfather can''t travel so to me it was worth it to have something he could witness. Also, of the weddings that I have been in, I always love seeing the video''s. I think I would regret it if we didn''t have one but I''ll let you know in a few months how I feel about it.

i totally agree with emeraldlover1 here. some of my family cannot travel so it will make me (and them) happy with the thought that they could at least relive my wedding by seeing it on video.

plus i would want to have a video for myself as well so i could relive it over and over to relive my happiest day! (just in case i grow old and my memory rusts... you know. at least i have a "backup" memory. hehe)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s a great idea about having it for guests who cannot travel to the event! The truth is, I really DO want one, but I''m so torn due to the cost. I really don''t want to regret not having one, but it''s a quick way to cut costs and I''m not sure I can shave off that amount by cuts in other areas...
33.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my vote is yes! yes! yes!

we did and it was one of our best wedding decisions. for instance... my grandfather never dances. ever. ever, ever. it''s just a fact. so when he asked me to dance on my wedding day i was overwhelmed with joy. bad news is that the sweet not to be repeated moment wasn''t captured by our photographer. my videographer, however, got it all on film. also, i love that our vows are on our video and what the priest said was captured too. i truly treasure our video.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D and I have just finished watching our wedding dvd and I would definitely recommend getting a videographer. There are so many little details that we missed on the day that are on the dvd and it was so lovely to see. It captured so many feelings on the day that a photo can''t. It was worth the money for us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results