shape
carat
color
clarity

to diamonbob & giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracy

Rough_Rock
It looks like you both agee on my situation. I''m dealing with a wholesaler in Atlanta recommended by a friend of mine. He quoted me 25% rapaport. I realize this does not take into account the cut. How do I know when I''m getting a good deal? how much would I pay in a jewelry store?(Tiffany, etc..) is 25% under rapaport a good deal?(assuming a good cut) I don''t have to have the very best deal, I just don''t want to get ripped off.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tracy...
Well, I can't really tell you what's a good or very good price... It depends on the cut... One could offer me a stone like the one you posted at - 50% from Rap sheet and (no offense) and I'd say no thanks! 25% sounds good, if the make is nice... Try ti look for the best cut within your budget and remember that quality costs! I'd have a look at superbcert.com's princesses... They're so beautiful and from the pictures you'll see how a princess should be cut... But 95% of cutters (as DimonBob said in a thread) work for greed and earn more money if they reach the 0.50/0.75/1.00/1.50/2.00 and so on mark... C'est la vie
1.gif
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I know very little about princess cuts. And would heed g & d.b. warning. I remember the man who set my stone said he would not set princess cuts with thin girdles. He said it was too risky. Rounds not as much a problem.

Good luck.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi again Tracy,
Yes, 25% under rapaport a good deal?(assuming a good cut).
But that diamond is not a good cut. Please do not buy a princess with an extremely thin girdle. The price is low on this diamond because of the girdle and the fluorescence.
Like I said, give this guy a chance but if he doesn't come up with the right diamond, get your $500 back and walk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results