shape
carat
color
clarity

To cut, or not to cut is the ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
The ring I bought ahwile ago is still plagueing me.
Being an idiot to the diamond world, I have learned quite a bit here. I''ve been trying to sell it, but I''m not sure what makes people not call again. I don''t think its the price because they never balk at it, but I think it may be the clarity. Who knows, maybe even the color. It''s a 2 1/2 round. Color J-K Clarity I1. Its a gorgeous ring aside from the fact you can see a small piece of black carbon on top. If I have it re-cut, what will the approximate new size be. and what is an average price to pay?
Thanks!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will need to take it and have it inspected to see how much you will lose when it is cut and also if its even a good candidate for a recut. I think that Dave Atlas might do recutting, and Good Old Gold as well I think. Not sure about anyone else..or if you have someone local, see what their opinion is.

Why not just try selling it on eBay? You may recover more $$ and do it more swiftly than if you try to continue to sell it on your own through a newspaper or similar.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A 2.50ct round of normal cut, K I1 with rock solid correct grading is "liquid" for immediate sale in the $3000 ro $3400 range. That means getting it sold and getting paid right away to a dealer will net you in the low to mid $3K range.

The ring mounting may add a little value or a whole lot, depending on what kind it is, the condition and the current fashion of the times. It could be $25 and it could be thousands, but you have not described it.

Maybe you are aqsking enough that dealers have little interest. That leaves you with consumers who will need to know a whole lot in order to deal directly with you. So much trust and effort is involved to make one of these quasi-retail, private sales, you may simply find that you have no market for the ring. I think that's about where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results