shape
carat
color
clarity

titanium-rings.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

red88m

Rough_Rock
My fiancee has just purchased a diamond and we would like to have a tension setting for it (we have one picked out at titanium-rings.com). This website wants us to send them the diamond so they can mount it and construct the ring, which is understandable. Before we send it to them (I think they're in Montreal), we want to know if they're reputable. I can't find them anywhere with the BBB or AGS...does anyone know where else I can look to check credentials? Or has anyone worked with this website before? Also, do you think it woud be possible to get the ring with a CZ in it and have a local jeweler set the diamond? I worry that a local jeweler won't have the experience and knowledge to set it correctly- we live in Knoxville, TN. Thanks for the advice.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Titanium is very springy and stiff. Specialized tooling is required to work with it. If you set a CZ in it, the CZ might break from the stress. It will be nearly impossible to remove the CZ and replace it with a diamond and if you succeed, you may damage the ring or the tension required to hold the stone may be lost. It usrely will void any warranty if someone other than the manufacturer bends or works the ring in some unauthorized manner.

Is it the color of titanium that appeals to you? You must be aware that once it is sized it cannot be changed in size. It is less possible to adjust the size of titanium ings than normal jewelry metals such as gold or platinum. All pure tension rings have exact sizing issues, but a titanium one would be the most problematic of all.

Sorry not to be encouraging you. The firm could be a very honest one and they may have a wonderful design. Have you considered ordering the ring and going to Canada for a few days of vacation and getting the ring finished while you are there? A trip and a ring all in one..

red88m

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info- I chose the titanium ring primarily for its appearance (ring design, not color). I am aware of the sizing difficulties and it doesn't concern me much. The jeweler who sold us the diamond said he might be able to replicate the design in platinum or white gold. Will platinum or white gold be as strong as titanium for a tension setting?
The trip to Canada is a good idea, but we'd have to sell the diamond to afford the trip! :bigsmile:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am sure that all these maetals are hard enough considering the fragility of the hand or the stone. Alloying drastically alters metal properties and so does various treatments. There is no one answer that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results