shape
carat
color
clarity

Titanium ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vanillaboy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone :)
I was just browsing some titanium rings online and came upon this one that just caught my eyes...

http://www.titaniumera.com/catalog/detail?cid=667&pid=769

... but compared to the other titanium bands its rather pricey..

so just wondering if anyone thinks the design warrants such a price premium.. its so pretty ^_^

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
The reason that one costs more than others is because it has more machine time and finishing time involved. It would start as a solid titanium bar, get cut to be a proper sized tube, then transferred over to a rotary axis machining center, where the outside shape is cut. The part can''t be cut completely though, otherwise the C shaped ring would spin on the mandrel as it was being cut. The remaining bridge would have to be hand cut, and the ring hand finished. The inside of the heart would be tough to access with files or polishers, so it would take extra time. Many simpler bands would take a lot less time to make and finish.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I would put that type of money towards a white gold ring.Cant see putting this much money into a titanium ring.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Titaniumera have pretty regular sales. I would expect they''d have one for the bank holiday coming up next weekend in the US. You may want to see if that design is included in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results