shape
carat
color
clarity

Titanium Band With Yellow Gold Inlay - FIL''s New Wedding Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My father in law recently lost a ton of weight, and has been wearing his wedding ring on his right hand. He didn't want to get it resized (botched job in the past made him wary), and has been wearing a braided copper ring on his ring finger. This has been driving me, my MIL, and my SIL insane. So, I took it upon myself to get the man a new wedding ring (he was pretty excited about the concept). I only had about $100 to work with, so my options were limited. His original wedding ring is yellow gold, so I wanted to make sure that whatever I got him had at least a little yellow gold on it!

I stumbled across an etsy store called titaniumknights, and found a ring that I hope FIL will love! Here's a link to the store. http://www.etsy.com/shop/titaniumknights. They were fantastic to work with, I was able to custom order the width of the ring, since I knew FIL wanted around 6mm, and they were FAST. I ordered the ring on Friday, and it got here less than a week later!

6mm wide
2 solid 14K gold inlays
Brushed finish on top
Polished Bevel Edges
Comfort Fit

GDFILring1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

gdfil2.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s 2mm tall.

gdfilprof.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot on my hand - I''ll take one on DH''s hand later since they wear the same size.

GHFILhand1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now!

gdfilblue.jpg

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful band! Love the 14kt inlay and the brushed/polished combo! Great choice!!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 3:19:05 PM
Author: wsblue430
What a beautiful band! Love the 14kt inlay and the brushed/polished combo! Great choice!!
36.gif
Thank you!!
1.gif

SDL - Thank you lady.
5.gif
I hope FIL thinks the same!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
That is one cool ring!! Your sparklies are rather lovely too!!!

I hope he loves it and loves you for taking the time to do it too!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring. I like the gold inlay. It''s very sweet to help him out with a new ring.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that, nice job. And that is so sweet of you to get it for him!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! So modern and so masculine!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, you''re an awesome DIL! That is a great ring for your FIL! I bet he''s gonna love it when you get it to him!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am so glad you posted that! I have been wanting to get my DH a new wedding band for our 3rd anniversary in May but I don''t want to spend a huge amount, and that company has really nice styles and very good prices!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
DH and I took it over after dinner. He seems to really like it, and my MIL is reeeally happy to have that braided copper band off his hand, LOL!

Date: 2/26/2010 10:30:18 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Wow, I am so glad you posted that! I have been wanting to get my DH a new wedding band for our 3rd anniversary in May but I don''t want to spend a huge amount, and that company has really nice styles and very good prices!
Dreamer - I''m ordering a ring for myself too to use as a travel ring, and for days when I will be beating my hands up, LOL. I was really, really happy with what I got for the price! Most of the titanium and tungsten rings I found had gold plated stripes, as opposed to the solid inlay that titaniumknights offered. I was really happy with how it turned out, and can''t wait to see if you choose something from them!

susimoo - thank you!
5.gif

Thanks luckyeshe, AprilBaby, DiamondDana & oddoneout!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a very handsome ring. That website has some great prices.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring! Fi and I are actually ordering his wedding band from titanuimknights as well, but with a rose gold inlay!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a neat ring!!! And how sweet of you!!!!!!!!1

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 1:15:00 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 2/26/2010 10:30:18 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Dreamer - I''m ordering a ring for myself too to use as a travel ring, and for days when I will be beating my hands up, LOL. I was really, really happy with what I got for the price! Most of the titanium and tungsten rings I found had gold plated stripes, as opposed to the solid inlay that titaniumknights offered. I was really happy with how it turned out, and can''t wait to see if you choose something from them!
Too funny that you mention that... I have been wanting a thick, heavy comfort fit band to wear in the same type of situtions, like 6mm, but don''t want to pay for gold, so I am thinking of getting one too!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
great band, and I sure do love your set:)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl - I was really surprised by how affordable the prices were!

Erinleigh - that is going to be an awesome ring!

Dreamer - too cool! I can''t wait to see what we end up with.
9.gif

Thanks princessplease and Bella!

April20

Ideal_Rock
That ring is lovely. I am sure he will love it.

As a side note, I bought DH a replacement band from Titanium Knights a while back. They were fantastic to work with. We lost his original ring somewhere in the house. I finally gave up looking for it and had a new one made similar to his original one. It was really affordable. Of course, about two weeks after I finally broke down and bought him the new one, the old one turned up. The dog had buried it in the chair in our living room..........

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 11:01:19 AM
Author: April20

As a side note, I bought DH a replacement band from Titanium Knights a while back. They were fantastic to work with. We lost his original ring somewhere in the house. I finally gave up looking for it and had a new one made similar to his original one. It was really affordable. Of course, about two weeks after I finally broke down and bought him the new one, the old one turned up. The dog had buried it in the chair in our living room..........
LOL! Too funny. DH lost his ring for almost a week a while back. We found it behind a picture frame.
33.gif
20.gif
25.gif
I have no idea how it got there, LOL.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:51:36 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/1/2010 11:01:19 AM
Author: April20

LOL! Too funny. DH lost his ring for almost a week a while back. We found it behind a picture frame.
33.gif
20.gif
25.gif
I have no idea how it got there, LOL.
You guys have some funny dogs/DH''s
41.gif

We are ordering my FI a tungsten band with a gold inlay (not from the vendor you mentioned). I also was thinking about ordering myself one, as a back-up wedding band.
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great find! What a sweet DIL you are!

Butterflyblu

Rough_Rock
So thoughtful of you! I love the ring
3.gif

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I checked out the site and love the variety of rings they have. I am getting a new platinum ring and my DH''s wedding band is gold two tone but just a bit of WG in it. I offerred to buy him a new platinum band to match mine. He said he doesn''t want one. I am not sure if he doesn''t want one because of how much we are spending on mine or if he really doesn''t want one.
Anyway I was thinking for under $150 I could get him a titanium ring that would look really nice. His gold ring is really banged up and I know that bothers him because he has wondered if the scratches can be buffed out.

So please educate me about about titanium. Is it pretty durable. How does the color hold up? It doesn''t tarnish does it? See I really know nothing about it!!! PS is the best place to get an education.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love it!

Going to show it to my FH now!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really a handsome ring - so glad he likes it too! You really are a special DIL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
lilyfoot - I bet that tungsten ring is going to look awesome!

Thanks tuckins, Butterflyblu, lasscreative & Missgotrocks!

Date: 3/8/2010 2:53:36 PM
Author: cemrn
I checked out the site and love the variety of rings they have. I am getting a new platinum ring and my DH''s wedding band is gold two tone but just a bit of WG in it. I offerred to buy him a new platinum band to match mine. He said he doesn''t want one. I am not sure if he doesn''t want one because of how much we are spending on mine or if he really doesn''t want one.
Anyway I was thinking for under $150 I could get him a titanium ring that would look really nice. His gold ring is really banged up and I know that bothers him because he has wondered if the scratches can be buffed out.

So please educate me about about titanium. Is it pretty durable. How does the color hold up? It doesn''t tarnish does it? See I really know nothing about it!!! PS is the best place to get an education.
From what I know of titanium, it WILL scratch, much like white gold or plat. It does not tarnish.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results