shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips for viewing RB

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
Diamond newbie here! My BF and I have started looking at e-rings and have gone to a couple stores to see which settings we like in person vs what I have seen online. We happened to find a setting this weekend at a small jeweler in our city that was spot on to what I've been looking for. I know the preference on here is to buy online, but after viewing some stones with him, I think he may be able to provide us with a reasonable price and I'd feel more comfortable buying the stone and setting from the same place. We are going back to look at a few stones that came in this week over the next couple days and I was hoping you could provide some tips for viewing and picking a stone in person. Any tips on lighting, etc?

Thanks in advance!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For starters, take the ring outside the store into daylight, away from any artificial lighting.
Wink at CBI made a great video about looking at diamonds. i'll see if I can find it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can buy an idealscope for 20 bucks. It will show you all you need to know. I believe Old Miner is selling them.

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'll follow up with any questions after we take a look this weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results