shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips for Purchasing an Ultrasonic Cleaner?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Great to hear how clean it got @Demon! I ordered the 2 quart per @Dancing Fire suggestion and I will hopefully get it monday or Tuesday. I'm letting my jewelry get extra dirty until then...I'm talking hand lotion, sun lotion, hair gel, dishes :lol:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
The Quantrex, the Brilliant Spa, or the GemOro (he linked a few)? Lol, you should take picture before and after1 I try really hard not to get lotion or anything else on my rings and the difference was still night and day.

Great to hear how clean it got @Demon! I ordered the 2 quart per @Dancing Fire suggestion and I will hopefully get it monday or Tuesday. I'm letting my jewelry get extra dirty until then...I'm talking hand lotion, sun lotion, hair gel, dishes :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
The Quantrex, the Brilliant Spa, or the GemOro (he linked a few)? Lol, you should take picture before and after1 I try really hard not to get lotion or anything else on my rings and the difference was still night and day.

Sorry, the gem oro. And thanks for the before and after pic tip. And me too, normally I take my rings off but I'd like not to now that I will have an US soon. :D

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Lol. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one? :confused:

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Update on the trioshine... I love it! You just need enough water to cover the items. After the u
US I use the steam feature and everything is super shiny.
Still loving the Trioshine? I think I'm about to buy it, love that is Steam & US in one!

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Still loving the Trioshine? I think I'm about to buy it, love that is Steam & US in one!

yip! I haul it out every Sunday night. Enough water to cover my rings and a drop of dawn dish liquid. After I use the US, I do a steam with distilled water. I don’t bother with the uv thing. I have doubts about home UV sanitizers really doing much more than giving a pretty light show.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr: Dropped my US on the floor :silenced: so I bought a 2 Qt L&R with heat. Our diamonds are sparking again...:love: . I'd only buy made in the USA with a steel housing. This one should last for many yrs. unless I drop it on the floor again. :wall:

IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1381.jpg IMG_1386.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire omg lol. I am so jealous of those hooks!! Ours just has a plastic basket with no hooks lol. Im to a point where I'm probably going to be hanging my stuff from straws!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr: Dropped my US on the floor :silenced: so I bought a 2 Qt L&R with heat. Our diamonds are sparking again...:love: . I'd only buy made in the USA with a steel housing. This one should last for many yrs. unless I drop it on the floor again. :wall:

This is the one I have.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist , L&R is the only brand I found that's still made in the US. Branson, Gemoro and Crest are no longer made in the US.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

That looks like a really good one!

The hooks look great for rings & bracelets, but how do you clean stud earrings in this model?

I still need to buy one. Maybe Santa will bring this for Christmas?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a really good one!

The hooks look great for rings & bracelets, but how do you clean stud earrings in this model?

I still need to buy one. Maybe Santa will bring this for Christmas?
I use a s/s basket for cleaning earrings. q78x.jpg

Jr3

Rough_Rock
20201026_142754.jpg
I am hoping to get one of these one day! Everything you could need or want for cleaning. Steamer and ultrasonic cleanser etc

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
is Ultrasonic something I can use to clean my diamond tennis bracelet? I do not mean to hack the thread but it keeps re-appearing and I am thinking of getting Ultrasonic but I have also heard that the machine might loosen the prongs (which would result in losing some stones from the bracelet). Now, I have no idea how true the statement is so I am just throwing it out here.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is Ultrasonic something I can use to clean my diamond tennis bracelet? I do not mean to hack the thread but it keeps re-appearing and I am thinking of getting Ultrasonic but I have also heard that the machine might loosen the prongs (which would result in losing some stones from the bracelet). Now, I have no idea how true the statement is so I am just throwing it out here.
If the stones are too loose to go into the US cleaner then the bracelet shouldn't be worn.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
If the stones are too loose to go into the US cleaner then the bracelet shouldn't be worn.

I was asking about US cleaner having a tendency to loosen the stones not necessarily putting the bracelet with already loose stones into the cleaner.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
If a bracelet or other jewelry item is well made, an US shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't throw less sturdily made stuff (from Jareds/Kay/the mall) in one. But we don't usually suggest purchasing from less reputable places for fine jewelry anyway.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
If a bracelet or other jewelry item is well made, an US shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't throw less sturdily made stuff (from Jareds/Kay/the mall) in one. But we don't usually suggest purchasing from less reputable places for fine jewelry anyway.

Sounds good. My bracelet is from HPD (I only buy from them) so I will try the US then. Thank you.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You guys are not messing around with your ultrasonic cleaners hahhaa. @RunningwithScissors -do you have a thread on your “forever” ring? I read your post on another thread. Would love to see it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You guys are not messing around with your ultrasonic cleaners hahhaa. @RunningwithScissors -do you have a thread on your “forever” ring? I read your post on another thread. Would love to see it!

Hi! :wavey:

There used to be a thread on "Dainty," my ring on Show Me The Bling. But it disappeared for some reason, not sure why. Sorry I can't link to it for you!

The diamond is a round, CBI, 2.5 ct, D VS1. I had it custom cut.

The solitaire platinum setting was custom made by HPD and is loosely based on a Tiffany's solitaire but with some modifications (softer knife-edge, smaller donut, etc.)

Here's a video:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

There used to be a thread on "Dainty," my ring on Show Me The Bling. But it disappeared for some reason, not sure why. Sorry I can't link to it for you!

The solitaire platinum setting was custom made by HPD and is loosely based on a Tiffany's solitaire but with some modifications (softer knife-edge, smaller donut, etc.)

Here's a video:

O.M.G!! That is some “forever” ring, for sure. It’s blindingly beautiful!!! So icy white! Wow! Thanks for sharing! Your hands are beautiful too! Your bracelet project will just be perfect to pair this with.

TheLady

Shiny_Rock

Here's a video:

Gorgeous. Just out of curiosity, what is your finger size?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
O.M.G!! That is some “forever” ring, for sure. It’s blindingly beautiful!!! So icy white! Wow! Thanks for sharing! Your hands are beautiful too! Your bracelet project will just be perfect to pair this with.

Awww...thank you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results