shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips and Tricks for David Klass Communications

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I’ve seen so many lovely pieces and high praises for David Klass. However, I’m having a hard time getting a response from him. I’ve sent out a few quote requests. I think I sent one or two a few years ago, didn’t hear back and gave up, or maybe I’ve only received a quote then further emails were ignored. I sent another one a short while ago, didn’t hear back and went with another vendor. Sent another one more recently, haven’t heard back so far but it hasn’t been that long.

Would you know, is DK not accepting new clients? Is there a different or better way to contact him? I’ve been using this email [email protected] which I found on IG. How do you usually get in touch and get into steady communication? Does he have an assistant I should be getting in touch with so as to not bother David for things like quotes? I’m also a bit concerned about not being able to get in touch once the project starts.

Curious to hear about your experiences and any tips you may have. Thanks in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the correct email. I'd say if you don't hear back in 48 hours, send another email. You can certainly call if they aren't getting your emails for some reason. Both David and Amy may read or reply to emails. Emails will be back and forth until the CADs are approved and you have paid the deposit. Once the project is finalized, you'll hear from them generally when the item is finished.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
When I look now I see that the David Klass Jewelry Instagram account has a Contact email listed as [email protected]. Last week I DMd that account on Instagram asking for a quote and had a reply back within 2.5 hours.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I sent David a DM on Instagram yesterday and got DM back acknowledging receipt and asked me to email him. It was my first time contacting him. We exchanged emails today with my request and he said he’ll sketch something for me. So that’s the communications I had with David within the past 24 hours. Not sure how it will be as we move forward though.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That sounds weird. He's usually very responsive. Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I also hear back pretty promptly with email. David has always been the one who has responded in my case. He has been wonderful to work with on many occasions. As others have said, I would DM on IG. Best of luck!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think sometimes it’s luck and sometimes if you have an interesting piece.....

I have nothing to back that up....

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Hi @teddycake did you hear back?
I'm working on a project with him right now and the whole team's been wonderful. I'd say the comms were good at first, but might get a little spotty once you approve/finalize the CAD. It's been 2 weeks since they mentioned my project went into setting, and 2-3 business days since I asked an additional question about adding milgrain and I've not heard back. I think they are VERY busy though so I wouldn't take offense -- maybe just try again in different avenues whether bumping the email or sending a DM :) Good luck!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used DK to create a custom e-ring for my wife, and later matching wedding band. My primary contact was Amy. I really enjoyed working with her and the DK team. The design was pretty unique, and we spent more time in the design/CAD phase then I think most people normally do.

I started off my price request with name dropping this forum so they would know I was going to be a picky customer, lol. Also, lots of PS'ers got invested in my journey and I think a few told DK to prioritize mine over theirs, as they weren't in a time crunch. So maybe those elements contributed to my success story.

Either way, I have been very pleased with them. It wasn't all cakes & pies the entire journey. I got frustrated. I called a few times. And probably texted Amy more than she wanted me to. But in the grand scheme it was all speed bumps which were handled professionally on both sides.

I respect & recommend them. If they aren't being responsive, I would suggest giving them a call or follow up via IG. IMO, they are good people to work with and that's hard to find.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve had luck calling when they take a little bit to respond. They’re the nicest people. Probably very busy...

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
David and Amy both have been exceptional to work with and always responsive. I do think when creating something custom a little more patience is required. Even waiting 2-3 days for a response on a detailed email I consider very good. Especially when time and thought went into the response. I agree with others, if it is a time-sensitive project then calling to follow up might be best course of action. Good luck and please share when your project is complete!!

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, all! Nope, nothing in my spam folder. I'm going to dry the IG DM after 72 hours :)

What phone number do you all use to text?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a couple responses back today within 2 hours each time from the main email address that you listed in the OP. I don't know if it makes a difference, but it wasn't an initial inquiry--we were discussing minor details in the middle of a project and the replies were very brief. In the past, I've called to follow up when I didn't hear back within a few days.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t heard any back from DK yet since his last email from yesterday afternoon. I will wait until tomorrow afternoon before contacting him again. He said he was going to do some rough sketch and will send me a quote. I kept waking up last night checking my email. Lol. OP, hope you’re able to reach him. I already got a quote from IDJ but haven’t heard a peep from SK or 2 local well known jewellers. All requests were sent at the same time. How long does one wait for a quote I wonder?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think DK must be really busy at the moment. I’ve used him before and am doing a couple of projects with him at the moment and communications are really slow at this time.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think, like anyone else trying to run a business and do all the things necessary in doing that, that emails are answered in groups, not necessarily as they come in. I tend to get responses from them that were written late in the afternoon (their time). I don't expect an immediate response as I don't think they are sitting at their computer all day waiting for emails to come in.

That said, I usually get a response within about 24 hours. If I don't (and I almost always do), I have waited a week and followed up. I think this only happened once with one of the many, many projects I have done with them. Generally I hear back quickly. We agree on a design and then I let them be and generally in a few weeks they send me a photo of the completed project.

Chewy_321

Rough_Rock
You could try getting through by going on his Etsy store, I was able to get a response right away. I got a quote from him and gave the ok to proceed with the order then did not hear from him for weeks until the wedding band was ready but please trust that he will get your work done and it's worth the wait.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got an email from him today in response to an email sent on Thursday. So it may take a bit for a response but he does get back and btw I don’t have a project in the works, this is just preliminary discussion.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually email him and just wait until he answers..I don’t constantly check my phone for emails. I know he’ll get back when he can. Sometimes the emails are in real time..so it’s almost like a text. He’s just very busy....I also don’t count the days until my project is done....I just patiently wait until it’s done. Most of the time I get an email at night...He’s the nicest man. He really wants to make you happy with your project.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@teddycake, have you heard from DK yet? I got an email back from him late last night and then this morning. May be check your junk folder? Good luck!

teddycake

Rough_Rock
@teddycake, have you heard from DK yet? I got an email back from him late last night and then this morning. May be check your junk folder? Good luck!

Nope, nothing, and I just checked my spam folder again. Maybe I'm blacklisted for sending quote requests a couple of years back but didn't proceed.

I didn't follow up or call yet either. Maybe this is meant to be my cool-off period to not start so many ring projects :razz:

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
He has two emails. I emailed both initially and he responded from the aol account
[email protected] and [email protected]

If I were you I'd follow up... your email must've gotten lost in the sea of emails he is getting every day

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been getting emails from him through his aol account. I think you should just call him since the emails seem to have gotten lost in cyberspace then you can continue on email once you’re able to connect with him.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teddycake - I speak to Amy most days. Let me know how you can be identified, and I'll let her know she needs to contact you. Can you share your first name and your general project?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@teddycake, have you been able to connect with DK? I got my project going and they’re going into casting now. I was able to speak with both David and Amy directly last Friday to confirm stones, specs, etc. I think @mrs-b may be able to help you—see her post above.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe @teddycake was able to connect with DKJ. But I also spoke to Amy yesterday and she said, for anyone else having trouble getting through, pls try [email protected]

Some people are apparently having trouble getting through on AOL.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
I believe @teddycake was able to connect with DKJ. But I also spoke to Amy yesterday and she said, for anyone else having trouble getting through, pls try [email protected]

Some people are apparently having trouble getting through on AOL.

Oh! This is great to know, thanks so much! I use gmail so maybe it has issues with AOL. I’ll try the gmail email next time. I didn’t hear back from David so I started a different project with Daniel M.

@teddycake, have you been able to connect with DK? I got my project going and they’re going into casting now. I was able to speak with both David and Amy directly last Friday to confirm stones, specs, etc. I think @mrs-b may be able to help you—see her post above.

I’m sorry I missed these messages. I’ve been logging onto PS but didn’t get alerts maybe. Thank you! Nope, didn’t get in touch with David but started a different project with Daniel M.

Teddycake - I speak to Amy most days. Let me know how you can be identified, and I'll let her know she needs to contact you. Can you share your first name and your general project?
Thank you for your offer! I’m sorry I’m just seeing your msg just now. I likely won’t move forward because I started a simpler variation with Daniel M. Next time, which I’m sure won’t be that long from now, I’ll try the gmail email and contact you here if I don’t hear back again.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! This is great to know, thanks so much! I use gmail so maybe it has issues with AOL. I’ll try the gmail email next time. I didn’t hear back from David so I started a different project with Daniel M.

I’m sorry I missed these messages. I’ve been logging onto PS but didn’t get alerts maybe. Thank you! Nope, didn’t get in touch with David but started a different project with Daniel M.

Thank you for your offer! I’m sorry I’m just seeing your msg just now. I likely won’t move forward because I started a simpler variation with Daniel M. Next time, which I’m sure won’t be that long from now, I’ll try the gmail email and contact you here if I don’t hear back again.

Hopefully, you’ll be able to connect with DK next time. Please come back and share with us your project with Daniel M when it’s finished.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results