shape
carat
color
clarity

tip maid service?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, we''re moved into our new house and I''ve hired a biweekly maid service. It''s a big company which will send two maids every week -- could be different maids. Do I need to leave a tip?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
no

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do because they don''t see much of the money; the maid service does. When they are their own company they see more of the money. Those company''s give the maids a very little amount so it is nice if you do so. I usually give about $5 each (which I only had 2 girls cleaning).

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
we don't tip for our maid service, but its only the same two ladies that come so we gave a tip for Christmas. oh, and they own their own company so they keep all the money they recieve.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
generally, no. but just because they get paid next to nothing, yes.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t tip...it never even crossed my mind. But, I do give them something at xmas.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I would tip them. Being a maid is a thankless job and they don''t see very much of the money that you give to the maid service.

*M*

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
If you''re using a company like Merry Maids, it''s true, the Maids who actually clean your house will see less than half the money you pay. BUT, those companies have a fair amount of turnover in personnel. Chances are, you won''t be having the same Maids (people) all the time. Many people start out with a larger company to learn the tricks of the trade and then start their own Cleaning Business.

If you have an easy job, such as a ranch style house, I''d be less inclined to tip. But if you have a multi level home with lots of wood work or trim to clean,........ Or if the Maids will doing things like windows,.......... I''d be inclined to tip. Might insure you''ll get a better cleaning job each time.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have had maid services and I always tip them. If I hire someone to clean my house (that doesn''t work for a service) which is what we have now, I don''t tip them. But I give them a little something at Christmas. I wouldn''t give the maid services maids much at Christmas though. Maybe just double the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results