Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

tip maid service?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, we''re moved into our new house and I''ve hired a biweekly maid service. It''s a big company which will send two maids every week -- could be different maids. Do I need to leave a tip?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do because they don''t see much of the money; the maid service does. When they are their own company they see more of the money. Those company''s give the maids a very little amount so it is nice if you do so. I usually give about $5 each (which I only had 2 girls cleaning).

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
we don't tip for our maid service, but its only the same two ladies that come so we gave a tip for Christmas. oh, and they own their own company so they keep all the money they recieve.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
generally, no. but just because they get paid next to nothing, yes.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t tip...it never even crossed my mind. But, I do give them something at xmas.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I would tip them. Being a maid is a thankless job and they don''t see very much of the money that you give to the maid service.

*M*

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
If you''re using a company like Merry Maids, it''s true, the Maids who actually clean your house will see less than half the money you pay. BUT, those companies have a fair amount of turnover in personnel. Chances are, you won''t be having the same Maids (people) all the time. Many people start out with a larger company to learn the tricks of the trade and then start their own Cleaning Business.

If you have an easy job, such as a ranch style house, I''d be less inclined to tip. But if you have a multi level home with lots of wood work or trim to clean,........ Or if the Maids will doing things like windows,.......... I''d be inclined to tip. Might insure you''ll get a better cleaning job each time.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have had maid services and I always tip them. If I hire someone to clean my house (that doesn''t work for a service) which is what we have now, I don''t tip them. But I give them a little something at Christmas. I wouldn''t give the maid services maids much at Christmas though. Maybe just double the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.