shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiny Purple diamond, or other suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vedderboy

Rough_Rock
Mark Morrell has a beautiful new setting that I am interested in.

It has a ting ''secret'' stone...I would love a purple diamond...but it has to be small. The decsription he posts is that the stone was 2mm.

How would you all attack this?

Here is the ring...
http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Nested_Crown_5.8mmRB_sz5.5/

The smallest I could find was this:

2.41x2.38 $1,990

However, I would probably ask him to source it or recommend someone who could.

You could also look at sapphires or spinels.

Also something to consider from his page:

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Custom1/

Regarding accent stones and such

Regarding accent stones (baguettes, trapezoids, "fancies" in general) and small round diamonds (melle) to accompany your center diamond:

Please don't buy a suite of stones with the assumption that I'm willing to set whatever I receive from your sources.

I'll provide any necessary small stones for the work that I do. If I'm unable source the stones myself, then we'll discuss our options.

If you feel the need to have a particular vendor's small / accent diamonds used in your project, there is every chance that the vendor can help you with your mounting needs as well. You won't need my advocacy.

You picked one of the rarest colors for a diamond, and it has the pricetag to go with it. I would opt for another species of violet stone, or a another color diamond (yellow, white, very light pink). That 2mm stone that Barcelona picked out is very dark and grey, and definitely not worth the hefty price tag as far as beauty is concerned.

Here''s what a 2mm purple diamond looks like. It''s also a great example of why you should never believe a picture...

Same stone, one picture taken without a light diffuser dome over it, one with it (the lighter looking one. Neither color is corract, it''s somewhere in the middle, and actually prettier than either picture.....lol...

purp1.JPG

Here is the same stone under diffused light

purp2.JPG

Date: 4/3/2009 8:21:43 PM
Author: Barcelona

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Custom1/

Regarding accent stones and such

Regarding accent stones (baguettes, trapezoids, 'fancies' in general) and small round diamonds (melle) to accompany your center diamond:

Please don't buy a suite of stones with the assumption that I'm willing to set whatever I receive from your sources.

I'll provide any necessary small stones for the work that I do. If I'm unable source the stones myself, then we'll discuss our options.

If you feel the need to have a particular vendor's small / accent diamonds used in your project, there is every chance that the vendor can help you with your mounting needs as well. You won't need my advocacy.

Oh my. That could have been stated a bit more -- professionally. It does get the point across, though.

When I first read Mark''s terms and conditions I thought he was a little terse. I can see at least one other person feels the same. However, the more I think about it, the more I appreciate his directness. He needs to weed out the "tyre kickers". This does the trick.

A purple sapphire, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics