shape
carat
color
clarity

TIN CUP!

Anyone remember that fancy schmancy steal of a deal I got last year with the PP clearance sale?

I had purchased a bracelet that was also sold to someone else. Elia offered to make me another one at the same price and it is soooo gorgeous. The problem is that I don't wear it (at all) because it feels tight on me and, even when I'm having a thin wrist day, I am scared to scratch them. Sooooooooo I've been toying with the idea of having it turned into a tin cup.

Whaddya think?

12-02-10b.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man, does anyone under 40 even know what that is? :naughty: :tongue: (Since I am well over forty I do! I do!) I think Blue Nile is doing some lately - sure, why not! The colors are purty. Not sure I'd use the central pearl in a Tin Cup though -- they are usually so symmetrical. Maybe that could be a solo pendant?

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1314387535|3000613 said:
Sooooooooo I've been toying with the idea of having it turned into a tin cup.

Whaddya think?

Bean,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :tongue: Do not turn it into a tin cup. It's so pretty. You can gaze at it better when it's on your wrist. I like ropes and bracelet because I get to admire the pearls. I made one of my bracelets a little longer by adding one small pearl (from my stash of leftover, lower quality pearls) to the small end that goes toward the bottom. How about making a stretch bracelet by adding some gold stardust/laser beads to lengthen it a bit? If you don't have extra pearls, use a longer (rectangular) clasp, add gold or gold-filled round beads, tiny gemstones like sapphires, etc.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Why not just buy one or two more pearls from PP to make the bracelet a little bigger? Shouldn't cost too much.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
portoar|1314401566|3000915 said:
Why not just buy one or two more pearls from PP to make the bracelet a little bigger? Shouldn't cost too much.

One would not work. You'd need two to balance both sides and that would be too long?

Bad lighting & used phone's camera, but you get the idea of adding one smaller pearl.

Drop shape bracelet.jpg

decodelighted|1314390009|3000682 said:
Oh man, does anyone under 40 even know what that is? :naughty: :tongue: (Since I am well over forty I do! I do!) I think Blue Nile is doing some lately - sure, why not! The colors are purty. Not sure I'd use the central pearl in a Tin Cup though -- they are usually so symmetrical. Maybe that could be a solo pendant?

LOL .. I'm 27 so yes :D

I could actually use it as a drop.. I guess similar to the July PP special (that I returned).

I could do extra pearls too... maybe I should keep it as a bracelet.. it's the only tahitian one that I have! And I DO love staring at it. hmmmmmmmm

Now I'm as confused as ever :mrgreen:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Bean, I LOVE my bracelet and I LOVE the colour of yours so I vote no :lol:

However, if you're not wearing it for fear of scratching it you should definitely change it over. No point having things you can't wear.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1314424197|3001260 said:
I could do extra pearls too... maybe I should keep it as a bracelet.. it's the only tahitian one that I have! And I DO love staring at it. hmmmmmmmm

Also, if you love staring at it but don't want to scratch it, you can do as I do and wear it to work, leave it displayed in front of your computer all day for you to appreciate, then put it back on to go home :lol:

Echidna|1314424390|3001264 said:
bean|1314424197|3001260 said:

Also, if you love staring at it but don't want to scratch it, you can do as I do and wear it to work, leave it displayed in front of your computer all day for you to appreciate, then put it back on to go home :lol:

:lol: Gorgeous pearls deserve to be worn.. I know.

Hrm... I might get it lengthened first and then if that doesn't work turn it into a baroque tin-cup :Up_to_something:

But, I already have so many necklaces.
Oh, I don't know. I have insomnia... can't think!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I kind of like the tin cup idea. :appl:

Maybe do the middle pearl as a pendant in the middle of the tin cup. Then you'd have a more unique piece.

If you don't wear a bracelet, then you don't wear a bracelet. You know if that will change or not. If it won't, make it into something you will enjoy.

Go for it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love my pearl bracelets, but they are slightly smaller pearls so I don't bang them around as much as I would with larger pearls. I don't see the problem of adding one more pearl to the bracelet. Bracelets spin a bit, so balancing the sides seems to me to be less of an issue than with a pearl necklace.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hadn't thought about the "being able to see it better" aspect of the bracelet. That does make sense, as they are very pretty pearls/colors.

Also admire your new pendant! GORGE!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore my Tin Cup necklaces. They get a lot of wear. That said, I don't know that I would have a bracelet in that style--I am hard on my "wrist" jewellery and I would fear the "chain" part of the bracelet would catch and break. Truely a "weak" link...

If you need a "spacer", how about a diamond rondelle? :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results