shape
carat
color
clarity

Tin Cup-Honora or The Pearl Outlet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am a pearl lover but have never felt quite confident enough to make the big investment in a pricey strand. I''ve done a little research on pearls and am learning alot but I''m not yet at the "I know the good ones when I see them stage".

I have recently fallen for a modern look with a couple of layered strands of different pearls. I thought I might start with a longish (24 in?) strand of tin cup pearls as a not too pricey but attractive look. I could wear them long or double them up. My local jeweler has some by Honora that run about $225 and I have noticed that there are some on TPO site.

Any thoughts on a quality comparison? Does anyone know if the pearls are similarly beautiful or if one brand looks better than the other?

Also, the Honoras are shown with a sterling chain. How do you keep the sterling polished without damaging the pearls?

Many thanks!
41.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would probably go for TPO. I do have some tin-cup style necklaces, and so far I haven''t had to do anything to clean them, but when the time comes I''ll probably use a silver polishing cloth to polish the chain.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info. It''s good to know that you haven''t had to polish yours

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gayle,
There is a strand of tin cup freshwater pearl necklace on futurefashionista.com that is either 16 or 18 inches but set in 14K gold. They are on sale at 50% off and cost $160. You might want to check that out.

Forgot to show you a picture of it.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, here is the picture.

TincupPearl.jpg

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip-I''m going to check them out now!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Gayle, an 18 inch Tin Cup from TPO in gold is only $120. And has pearls that are not striped and oddly shaped. Don''t get me wrong, I love baroque pearls for just this reason but generally baroque has a lesser price due to the irregularities and at "half price" of $150, it would seem you are paying more for less?

If you go up to 7 - 8mm on the TPO with white gold it still comes in at $140.

Streeter1

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 9:06:32 AM
Author: jmtomaui
Gayle, an 18 inch Tin Cup from TPO in gold is only $120. And has pearls that are not striped and oddly shaped. Don''t get me wrong, I love baroque pearls for just this reason but generally baroque has a lesser price due to the irregularities and at ''half price'' of $150, it would seem you are paying more for less?

If you go up to 7 - 8mm on the TPO with white gold it still comes in at $140.

Thanks jmtomaui. I am glad somebody said what most were probably thinking. One is not a deal.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Streeter.

Gayle, as my dad always told me, it is only a bargain if you get exactly what you want for what you want to pay. That said, if it is a more baroque look you want, and the one showed is exactly what you want, it is worth considering. Or, keep looking. I'm sure what you want is out there...

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I came to the same conclusion after comparing them to TPO ones! Thanks for the help.
25.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think the reason for the similiar price between the baroque, and the round, is size. The TPO one is 6-7mm, Futurefashionista is 9-11mm. That's a large size difference.

I don't think I'd do baroque for a tin cup but I would go larger than 6-7mm.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Elle. With the tin cup style I like the more classic looking pearls as opposed to the baroque style. Im thinking that 8mm might be about perfect. What do you all think?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think 8mm would work well, but i''m one of those people that always prefers bigger pearls.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results