shape
carat
color
clarity

timing and a culet question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucy

Rough_Rock
Hi-just wondering-do diamond prices go up or down at certain times of the year-for example around valentines day?is there a best month to shop for diamonds? and my current diamond has a large culet and it is basically sitting on the setting with no hole behind or any light in that area-would the visual yuckyness of the black spot of the culet look better if i raised it off the setting or drilled a hole underneath the diamond through the setting? thank you:wink2:

swift

Rough_Rock
If the large and visible culet in your diamond is bothering you, you can speak to your jeweler about getting it recut. You would lose some weight but will have a more attractive stone - it's definately worth doing if the cost of the recut + the value of your recut stone is equal to or better than the value of your stone, as is.

As for your questions about the time of year to buy, some stores run big sales (HALF OFF PLUS AN EXTRA 10% OFF WITH COUPON!!)just before valentine's, mother's and Christmas (which seem to be big jewelry giving times) which may sound like a good time to shop BUT I find that those kinds of stores are generally not the best places to buy quality jewelry.

What I do find to be true is that all jewelry stores (even the ones that don't run sales) are busy just before those holidays so repairs and custom orders take longer and it might be harder to get a salesperson to spend time with you. Their stock might be depleted of the most popular items, like diamond stud earrings and tennis bracelets, at those times, too. That's true for internet vendors, as well.

If you are looking for a diamond engagement ring, there is no better time to buy than another, but allow enough time to look around and have something made for you. You should be worried more about finding a reputable and trustworthy jeweler to work with. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results