shape
carat
color
clarity

Timeless Designs by Jacob & Bryan ring visit

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Started a new thread for my visit with the 4 rings that Timeless Designs by Jacob and Bryan so nicely sent to my local store at our mall so I could see them in person. These are the four rings from the site. I have quit a few more pictures to post.
I have been searching for a setting for my 1.5 oval. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks. :naughty:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oval.187331/page-5#post-3445199#p3445199']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oval.187331/page-5#post-3445199#p3445199[/URL] Here is the link if you want to catch up ;))

r1405d.jpg

r1405d_sideview.jpg

r1616d.png

r1549.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I may not understand but these are RB not oval centerstones so if you are looking for ovals these may not work.... It doesn't look like they actively work with oval stones. I looked at a bunch of other designers and general google for something similar but i don't say anything close ...I will keep looking I am just concerned that if they dont usually work with ovals that you are just very precise when ordering it with what you expect.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go......

photo_9_1.jpg

photo_8_2.jpg

img_921.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
heididdl|1368319408|3445184 said:
I may not understand but these are RB not oval centerstones so if you are looking for ovals these may not work.... It doesn't look like they actively work with oval stones. I looked at a bunch of other designers and general google for something similar but i don't say anything close ...I will keep looking I am just concerned that if they dont usually work with ovals that you are just very precise when ordering it with what you expect.

I have been in contact with the store and any of these rings can be custom made to fit my oval or any other stone. :appl:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
more.....

photo_11_3.jpg

photo_12_1.jpg

photo_10_2.jpg

photo_13_1.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh i really like that engraved shank. Looks really nice. What did you think?? are you now leaning toward some baguettes now?

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I am loving the baguettes which is like WTF, where did that come from :love: There is just something about it that I really really loved the minute I saw it. :naughty:
All three rings had something I loved about them so putting them all into one ring and I think it would be perfect!!!

This first picture is the taper I like with a band but with the halo from the second picture. I also think it needs raised just a tad, and the bottom needs made a little different (third picture) What do you think????

NOW the other thing I need to check on is the way the taper starts by the head, the one with baguettes it goes to the top of the halo, the ring I want it starts on the bottom of the halo.

She is going to call Jessi next week let her know my ideas and we will see what's next. :shock:

photo_14_2.jpg

photo_9_2.jpg

photo_15_0.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't want to be a party pooper, but I really have concerns about how the baguette ring will translate into an oval. Have they done it before and do they have photos? Will you see CADs and a wax?

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
This was the ring I thought I would like the best and in the pictures I took it does look really pretty, but in person it was all just a sparkly mess, you couldn't see the detail of the melee. If in person it looked like the Fi.Z halo it for sure would have been the one.

I still love the Fi.Z halo and I'm in shock that I love this ring with baguettes so........ :confused:

_6236.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Not being a party pooper at all! I am also not sure if it will work, the lady today drew a quick little picture to give me an idea, which could be or could not be what they end up telling me from Timeless Designs. What I'm questioning is if it will be perfectly oval or more like the drawing? And the diamonds in between the baguettes some places (the side halo)need to have more than just one???

I also included a picture of a ring Timeless Designs did that would seem to be similar to what I'm wanting, I think the baguettes would be kindof in the corner where there are holes????? And obviously the outside shape of the halo won't be like this.

Yeah I'm not sure either now :sick:

photo_16_0.jpg

sr44526__1_1.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Could they do a CAD for you? THe drawing just doesn't show the details that you really need to see if this can/ will translate for an oval. I personally love the one with the baguettes but I'm thinking for an oval you will need a different design.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think a oval can be done well with a baguette halo, whoever does it has to specifically design it for an oval though, not just tweak a round design i think...heres one i was just showing her in the other thread, if you guys hadnt seen.

uploadfromtaptalk1368318341968.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368324450|3445241 said:
Could they do a CAD for you? THe drawing just doesn't show the details that you really need to see if this can/ will translate for an oval. I personally love the one with the baguettes but I'm thinking for an oval you will need a different design.

When I first talked to Jessi from Timeless Designs she did say they have done an oval with the octagon shape(I think), but she didn't have a picture. The picture that was drawn was done by the saleslady middleman not by Timeless Designs, so yes for sure before I would do anything I need to see pictures of ideas and CAD's if possible and just really talk and let her know what I'm wanting and see if it's possible.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
(crazytalk time now, BUT if I would have kept my Round 1.01 I would have for sure put it in this ring and saved lots of money)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvsdmb|1368325186|3445247 said:
(crazytalk time now, BUT if I would have kept my Round 1.01 I would have for sure put it in this ring and saved lots of money)

well dont let that thought stew for too long :???:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a few more oval baguette halos i found, some i like more than others. The last one i would think they could do with a more normal halo like you like.....maybe?

c67d03db56f443a5f0ea7b11394136af.jpg

adae67fe9942333b9d0548323c4677d4.jpg

31b9eb02a1295ac8b8dff69276d07fd9.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Second one maybe, but switch baguettes to the corners. UGH, I'm really not sure about this now :(

Third picture isn't bad either but again making it more octagon with baguettes in the corner.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel|1368325627|3445251 said:
a few more oval baguette halos i found, some i like more than others. The last one i would think they could do with a more normal halo like you like.....maybe?

Lucky that you got to see all those yummy designs in person!

I agree, the design with baguettes is just gorgeous. I equally agree that the cut out in the profile aren't great....I personally like it to be set low the way it is though... but that's is just me... but they should definitely have the profile design changed a bit...

I think the halo with an oval with baguettes could definitely work similar to the second design with the red baguettes that Niel sent you :love: You seemed to fall in love with the baguette/round halo immediately when you saw it right? I really do think it is beautiful!!! It gives it a more art deco look which I LOVE! The traditionnal oval halo that I have has a little more dainty look than a halo with baguettes. If you don't mind the straight lines that baguettes will give you in the halo... then go for it! :D

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks FI.Z for all of the pictures of your halo on your thread. When I look at the pictures of your halo I feel like it would look exactly the same in person.
First picture the ring on the right and the second picture are the same ring, and they do not look the same in person. I think I will check and see what the melee size is on this ring and maybe see how it's set?
Even the ring with the baguettes the diamond that is in between is just sparkly, cant' see detail but it looks good on this one.
Timeless Designs has already told me they can do whatever I want to make it my ring, so I have a good feeling about it. Can't wait to hear their ideas!

photo_17_2.jpg

_6246.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1368323323|3445230 said:
I don't want to be a party pooper, but I really have concerns about how the baguette ring will translate into an oval. Have they done it before and do they have photos? Will you see CADs and a wax?

You beat me to the punch Dreamer! I would want to see a CAD before you commit to anything. I'd hate for you to be disappointed with the way the design translates with an oval stone.

I love the oval sapphire that Niel posted....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to add that I don't feel like any of those designs will translate well to an oval. I love the sapphire ring that Niel posted and take a look at Yenny's ring. Both designs are flattering to the oval center stone. The shapes of those TD rings only works because there is a round in the center.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do agree that asking for a CAD prior to commitment is important... not just a hand sketch. Just like with the bella halo with Jbeg, hard to visualize these rings with an oval. Definitely don't want surprises! Have you seen actual completed custom pieces done by Timeless?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luvsdmb|1368363115|3445432 said:
Thanks FI.Z for all of the pictures of your halo on your thread. When I look at the pictures of your halo I feel like it would look exactly the same in person.
First picture the ring on the right and the second picture are the same ring, and they do not look the same in person. I think I will check and see what the melee size is on this ring and maybe see how it's set?
Even the ring with the baguettes the diamond that is in between is just sparkly, cant' see detail but it looks good on this one.
Timeless Designs has already told me they can do whatever I want to make it my ring, so I have a good feeling about it. Can't wait to hear their ideas!

I do agree with the melee in the halo on the right look all bunched up and not well defined unlike in the picture... but I wonder what makes it look like that?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite was the delicate setting with the pretty green stone you posted.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I just sent an email to TD to let Jessi know how my "visit" went and all of the questions I have about the rings. I really don't think she would have sent rings that could not work with an oval? So I am very confused.
I have not seen any of their custom work other than on their site. Who knows maybe she will ask for some pictures of rings I like and just whip me something up that's perfect :naughty:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't trying to be a party pooper but that's what I was thinking. I searched the web for two hours last night looking for similar shanks and squarish halo's but didn't see one at all with an oval center stones. i am sure it would be gorgous however there must be a reason why I can't find even one on the WWW.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Started looking for something similar this is all I found so far, all Fay Cullen :love: Last one is still my all time favorite, I love it but I was not planning on having any colored stones.

Is it insane to ask,(yes) should I think of exchanging my oval for a round ?????

I realize these are still round diamonds in these settings but it seems like they could make them like the first one, but just with an oval.

I'm starting to feel less excited about this.

fay_0.jpg

fay_1.jpg

fay_cullen3.jpg

freaking_love_this______1.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like this? The more I try the less possible it seems.

rt-101.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
CAD to show me with my oval.

_6377.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally to my eye I still like baguettes just on the side of the oval like that sapphire I posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results