shape
carat
color
clarity

Time to decide...seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend and I have looked at solitaires and three stone rings and we''ve decided to go with this, as some of you may know: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=831&action=show_detail

Here''s what we''re wondering now. Do we go with the vendor who made the ring in the first place (it was a custom piece for another customer) or do we go with the vendor who supplied our diamond? We trust both will do a great job, and I really admire everything I''ve seen from both places. One gave a less expensive quote and we love their work, but then there''s the place that made the original ring, so they have the exact look we''re going for (but they''re more expensive).

This is where we''re stuck.

The other thing we need to start thinking about is the wedding band. What type of wedding band will look great with this ring? We''d like one to sit flush (or as flush as possible), without a notch or curve to the band. I''d like to be able to wear it separately at times.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh setting issues, I can relate well to that today!!!

Depending on the price difference, I would go with the vendor who made the original. They will know exactly what you want and you know you already like the finished product.

If your diamond vendor does excellent work and you feel confident with them, you would probably be fine picking them too to be honest. But I am a believer in getting the "original" when you love something. Otherwise if you pick a knock off you might always wonder "what if..." especially if something goes wrong with it.

Good luck!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 9:20:17 AM
Author: neatfreak
Ahhh setting issues, I can relate well to that today!!!

Depending on the price difference, I would go with the vendor who made the original. They will know exactly what you want and you know you already like the finished product.

If your diamond vendor does excellent work and you feel confident with them, you would probably be fine picking them too to be honest. But I am a believer in getting the ''original'' when you love something. Otherwise if you pick a knock off you might always wonder ''what if...'' especially if something goes wrong with it.

Good luck!
Thanks neatfreak! The difference in price is about $750. I should mention that neither one is near where we live, so I''ve never tried on this ring. I have tried on a similar one, but it didn''t have the swoopy, trellis setting, nor did it have the contoured look at the top of the shank. Having never gotten a ring done via e-mails and online pictures, it makes me nervous. Everytime I think we should go with the less expensive option and put the saved money toward our wedding bands, I think, "yeah, but..." On the other hand, when I think of going with the original jeweler who made the ring, I think of the money we would have saved and how well the vendor did helping us with the diamond, and I think, "yeah, but..." See? I''m just stuck, stuck, stuck. On the plus side, I don''t think there''s a right or wrong way to do it, it''s just biting the bullet so to speak and making a decision. Ugh!

Any suggestions for a wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results