shape
carat
color
clarity

time sensitive diamond advice needed (from hangout)

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Found this in hangout. Need opinions. 1.4 on the HCA.

makewayhomer msg in Hangout

Measurements: 7.33 - 7.37 x 4.53 mm
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None

slg47

Ideal_Rock
where is this diamond from? does the vendor provide pictures/IS images/etc?

if you are really on a tight deadline I suggest doing what the others have said and going with a WF ACA or a BGD signature in one of their stock settings.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you know she wants a round solitaire, this would be a good way to go...

or you could propose and pick out a ring together afterwards if you are not sure what she likes!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2010 4:59:24 PM
Author:treefrog
Found this in hangout. Need opinions. 1.4 on the HCA.

makewayhomer msg in Hangout

Measurements: 7.33 - 7.37 x 4.53 mm
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Crown Height: 15.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None

Thanks Froggiekins!
35.gif

Hi Homer

The diamond has good proportions so it is possible the stone needs a good clean, also check it out in as many different lights as you can to see how it looks once you are sure it is clean. If you still aren't happy then as the others have suggested, if you have time, go with one of the branded stones from one of these vendors, get it set in a simple setting and FedExed to you.

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.briangavindiamonds.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.whiteflash.com

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Our Homer friend has been quiet the last little bit.

I do agree with Lorelei on the details. That is...IF...you determine you need another, you have some options for getting a diamond sent to you quickly, so that you can propose with a diamond in hand.

But...you have an opportunity to go step by step, first, and should. If you got the diamond unset, you would need to get it set. Where were you going to do that? They will have diamonds for you to compare it to, too.

Of course, as the ladies say...you can propose without. It''s just not evident this will be needed.

Personally, having learned you''re from Boston, I reminded myself that you might enjoy the drive to Amherst and to check out Silverscape Designs...or another Lazare store. Or, even getting thyself to Long Island. But, chances are these ideas will not be needed. But, they too are options.

Best,

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Makewayhomer -- diamonds reflect light. If you look at it in your bathroom it will not sparkle unless you have ultra fancy pot lighitng
2.gif
I think you are being too harsh on this diamond and will not find a more sparkly one out there. It is a top cut, take it for a spin and see what it looks like.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 5:32:16 PM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks Froggiekins!
35.gif

Hi Homer

The diamond has good proportions so it is possible the stone needs a good clean, also check it out in as many different lights as you can to see how it looks once you are sure it is clean. If you still aren''t happy then as the others have suggested, if you have time, go with one of the branded stones from one of these vendors, get it set in a simple setting and FedExed to you.
Well hey stranger!
35.gif
1.gif
You''re quite welcome. I was hoping that by quickly posting in RT, I''d catch you before you turned in for the night. I knew you''d have some great suggestions. I know time is of the essence in this case and I had to get ready for my fire department shift and didn''t have time to do any more than that quick initial post for him. Plus, all my wonderful notes and numbers are on my work computer from my collected wisdom on PS!

I suspect this diamond has potential and hope it can make his life and his options easier as he prepares for the trip. I suspect he has enough to stress over right now!

Makewayhomer, most diamonds look pretty darned good under jewelry store lighting. They do that for a reason (selling diamonds). There''s more to it than that though. Judging a diamond under regular indoor lighting with nothing to compare with is a little tough. I can see how you would be disappointed. Unless you used a pair of jeweler''s tweezers or something to look at the raw diamond, light was probably being blocked. I hope the comparison goes well. You do still have time and options. I had mine the next day from Whiteflash. All the vendors here have solid reputations and will gladly work with you over the phone. Most have various images online and will tell you if it is "eye clean" to them and will tell you what their eye clean criteria is. Some, if not all, have Pricescope discounts as well. Use the selection guide at the top of this page or under "Prices" along the top to search the Pricescope vendors.

I''m a little rusty on my analysis but this one looks stunning. It''s a little smaller than what you currently have but it truly appears to be an excellent diamond. Check out the Ideal Scope, Aset, and hearts and arrows images. You can view the actual diamond and the certificate on that link as well.

Please keep us posted. There are some absolute diamond aficionodos in this forum and lots of people with alternative suggestions in the Hangout forum. We''ll do everything we can to help you pull this off.

Treefrog

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2010 12:46:33 AM
Author: treefrog

Date: 5/21/2010 5:32:16 PM
Thanks Froggiekins!
35.gif

Hi Homer

The diamond has good proportions so it is possible the stone needs a good clean, also check it out in as many different lights as you can to see how it looks once you are sure it is clean. If you still aren''t happy then as the others have suggested, if you have time, go with one of the branded stones from one of these vendors, get it set in a simple setting and FedExed to you.

Well hey stranger!
35.gif
1.gif
You''re quite welcome. I was hoping that by quickly posting in RT, I''d catch you before you turned in for the night. I knew you''d have some great suggestions. I know time is of the essence in this case and I had to get ready for my fire department shift and didn''t have time to do any more than that quick initial post for him. Plus, all my wonderful notes and numbers are on my work computer from my collected wisdom on PS!

I suspect this diamond has potential and hope it can make his life and his options easier as he prepares for the trip. I suspect he has enough to stress over right now!

Makewayhomer, most diamonds look pretty darned good under jewelry store lighting. They do that for a reason (selling diamonds). There''s more to it than that though. Judging a diamond under regular indoor lighting with nothing to compare with is a little tough. I can see how you would be disappointed. Unless you used a pair of jeweler''s tweezers or something to look at the raw diamond, light was probably being blocked. I hope the comparison goes well. You do still have time and options. I had mine the next day from Whiteflash. All the vendors here have solid reputations and will gladly work with you over the phone. Most have various images online and will tell you if it is ''eye clean'' to them and will tell you what their eye clean criteria is. Some, if not all, have Pricescope discounts as well. Use the selection guide at the top of this page or under ''Prices'' along the top to search the Pricescope vendors.

I''m a little rusty on my analysis but this one looks stunning. It''s a little smaller than what you currently have but it truly appears to be an excellent diamond. Check out the Ideal Scope, Aset, and hearts and arrows images. You can view the actual diamond and the certificate on that link as well.

Please keep us posted. There are some absolute diamond aficionodos in this forum and lots of people with alternative suggestions in the Hangout forum. We''ll do everything we can to help you pull this off.

Treefrog

You know my routine - hehe!!
9.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 4:17:46 AM

9.gif
9.gif
Pretty close... yet at nearly 40,000 posts, I have no clue when you could possibly even eat lunch!

I was hoping he''d come back with some updates. Not sure he''s even see this. Hope all is going well.

Froggie

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2010 10:23:16 PM
Author: treefrog

Date: 5/22/2010 4:17:46 AM

9.gif
9.gif
Pretty close... yet at nearly 40,000 posts, I have no clue when you could possibly even eat lunch!

I was hoping he'd come back with some updates. Not sure he's even see this. Hope all is going well.

Froggie
Hahaha!! I suppose you have a few insects on the hop?......
31.gif

I hope he got his ring sorted out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results