shape
carat
color
clarity

Time is slower during casting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aur

Rough_Rock
This will be my attempt at a literary expression of my experience in the pursuit of an ER. It has been many many many months since I would very casually mention jewelry to my GF. It was my goal to find out the exact details of what she liked and didnt like in a ring. So there I was in a B&M trying to learn about diamonds and rings. It never once hit me to find information or reference on the internet.

As an active poster on various other forums, I stumbled upon a post that referred to the pricescope forums. I clicked and lo and behold information up the wazoo! I started by browsing all the articles that were posted and eventually worked my way to these forums. So there I was clicking through countless threads. I honestly think i did more staring than reading, but I digress. I''ve learned a lot from reading other people''s experiences while going through the whole process.

I hadn''t the slightest clue what I wanted in a stone, and frankly I didnt think it mattered. Boy was I wrong. I started visiting store after store asking for them to show a wide variety of color, clarity and size stones. I did eventually feel bad that a salesperson would spend ove ran hour with me showing things and then not buy anything. Ignorance is bliss, right? Right?

WRONG. After going through a ton of stores I started noticing the differences between good and poorly cut stones. It was getting to the point where I wanted to see certificates for most of the diamonds that were in front of me. Most of the time my request was denied. It all seemed strange to me that in some B&Ms they wouldn''t show you the specs. of what you are looking at purchasing.

So it came to around thanksgiving/christmas of last year (07'') and at this point I really hadn''t paid any mind to pricing of everything. Quite silly of me because I certainly am not made of money. So there I am listening to the radio commercial after commercial. "Surprise your significant other with (insert jewelry store name)''s rings or necklaces". I finally started browsing at prices online through pricescope. I will note that the online vendors certainly know how to price competitively. I don''t know how B&M stores will survive at this rate.

We''ll fast forward to this year. I''ve been sent to other states for business and had plenty of time to do my sneaky searches for rings and stones. Well, because I was ready to buy! I started emailing and inquiring a lot of the online vendors about their stones. At the time there weren''t really many after the holiday season.

Then, one day I received a call from Whiteflash. they had just gotten new inventory in and emailed me some suggestions. Of course I bit! I''ll wrap this up because this could go on forever. I eventually ordered a stone from WF decided that I wanted to do a custom setting. Sent in a bunch of pictures and poooF! We are here today, now, waiting for the thing to be cast! Its been a great ride and I''m more anxious than ever to see how everything turns out. A follow up on this will be posted in SMTR in the coming weeks when I do the deed.

Cliffs: I knew nothing about diamonds.
I found pricescope. I was informed.
I finally was ready to buy.
I finally decided to buy a stone and do a custom setting.
Whiteflash has been a pleasure to work with so far.
I owe it all to Pricescopers (everyone has helped, ive read countless threads)
Follow up to come in SMTR soon.

Thanks!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Your GF should really appreciate all the time you put into educating yourself about diamonds and selecting a WF stone. Hopefully it really will be SOON and we can see it in SMTR. Congrats on your purchase and future engagement!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AUR, while I would describe your post as eloquent, I would say it was colorful and very fun to read! It''s cool that you''re comfortable coming here to talk about your experiences while searching for the perfect engagement ring! WF is a great organization and obviously highly rated among PSr''s,I hope you have a great story to tell us when/if you are finished dealing with them. Can''t wait to see what you end up purchasing (here and in SMTR if possible), and don''t forget that there is a new subforum to help newbies, you should totally post your efforts over there. Best of luck to you!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Aur - This is great news! I'm glad to hear that everything is coming together nicely for you.
It's incredible how interesting diamonds are, isn't it?
I'm sure that your soon to be fiancee will be duly impressed with the amount of education you have gained in an effort to ensure the beauty of her ering setting and diamond.
Congrats on putting the time in and on finding such a great company to work with that has such a high quality product.

I can't wait to see your ring over in SMTR ... Thanks for sharing your story!
35.gif

** eta -- Have you already shared what type of setting you are having made? If not ... do you mind sharing?

Aur

Rough_Rock
Thanks sera, monarch and spark! I appreciate all the great comments!

Well when we first started "browsing" she liked solitaires simple and elegant. As time progressed her taste in style had changed drastically, art/deco settings, simple cathedrals, split shanks, etc. etc. The most recent times of walking into a B&M I was getting pretty good at ruling out what was not her style. So I had been running from store to store looking for a 3-stone setting, but wait it doesn't stop there....

In our discovery of rings she also picked up very very specific likes and dislikes in prongs, basket design, metal, split shank, and pave/channel set stones. While I certainly can appreciate pave, she simply loves it.

So here is what's to come. The custom setting currently being made by WF is a trellis inspired, 3-stone, 3- sided pave setting with a little design change to the baskets. I think it will be a very unique looking setting, I would post the renderings, but I don't have them on this computer at the moment.

I'll post up the photos that WF produces when the setting is finished. Its slated to finish sometime this coming week!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Can''t wait. Sounds lovely!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it will be an amazing ring. I love the trellis style and pave, wow. Your GF is a lucky girl. You did your research and will be giving her one stunning ering. Great job!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results