shape
carat
color
clarity

Time frame?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I know I''m becoming obsessed, but I blame it on all of you! So many beautiful things to look at on PriceScope!

So, my question is: how long between when you and you bf/gf started talking and/or looking at rings and when he actually proposed?

My bf and I never officially started talking about rings or getting engaged, but in December we went to Tiffany''s and surprised me by asking me to try things on. Until then, it was always joking... like, oh, that 8 ct ring is really beautiful. I wouldn''t mind that... but never serious stuff.

So, I''m getting anxious and am about to have a minor fit at him soon since he''s sooooo evasive about it.

Btw, I''m turning 30 in April... not getting younger over here!

Sorry for that rant... thanks for the responses!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Talking and looking are two very different things.

We talked about marriage like a few months into the relationship. But that was just a general thing for me where I said I wanted to get to know her fully, but I let her know this wasn''t a casual dead end relationship and was definitely open to marriage. However, when I actually looked for the ring, that was only like a month before I proposed. Waaaayyyy too short. Give yourself more time.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we''ve been dating for 3.25 years, living together for five months, so I''m not sure how much more waiting I can do. I understand that I will be with him forever... but I just want that forever to begin now.
21.gif

I also am turning 30 and I don''t want to have to wait for another 3 years before I get married and then have to get pregnant on my wedding night in order for me to have more than one child.

Also... my family is driving me crazy!
28.gif

chantheman

Rough_Rock
I must admit we talked about marriage and engagement long before I pulled the trigger.

Aside from slowing down a relationship I felt was moving too fast, I also threw two years for an MBA into the mix. (No, neither of these things earned me any brownie points with her.)

Last Christmas however, I knew I wanted her for the rest of my life. I promised we would be engaged by the following October or November, but I decided to push things forward in order to surprise her.

We visited a number of jewelery stores to help us decide the look she wanted for her mount and band. I knew what look I wanted for her stone!

Following five months of heavy research through PS I purchased a stone this past July. I did choose to use a PS vendor.

Based on all of the information available on PS my recommendation is to take your time, and make this one of the most fun things you have ever done. I too was very secretive with my fiance'', but she never stopped thinking I wouldn''t happen in October or November.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results