shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffanys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scoobs

Rough_Rock
I have my eyes on a ring at tiffany''s. Does anyone have experience buying there? They said upfront that they don''t discount anything. Hard for me to swallow, as I have worked in retail in a past life. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, scoobs.

The Grudge

Rough_Rock
They do not negotiate. Great service though.

scoobs

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I'm about 1/2 way through all the posts with 'tiffany' in them, should have searched before I posted. Not to worry though, not going to incite 'the debate'! I don't care if they give discounts, I'm going to haggle, and if they don't want a sale.. fine! I do like the etoile setting very much though. One thing thats different is this setting is made to fit the diamond. every one is a different thickness, so it always looks really nice.

Chris1

Rough_Rock
I went to Tiffany store in Beverly Hills and they also told me the same thing. Their prices is identical in all of their stores, and they don't discount prices or change their settings.

scoobs

Rough_Rock
yes, which really sucks because it has been hell trying to find an etoile solitare setting like the one they have. In fact, I may just have to consider the markup something to pay for this remarkable design. As a designer (web) myself, I hope people wish to pay for design, as it truly does have value, and even though it can be reproduced, it sometimes feels a disservice to the originals.

hammyhammy

Rough_Rock
Great and professional service. But, don't bother to haggle, there is ABSOLUTELY NO DISCOUNT AVAILABLE. T&C is a high-end store, it caters to people who can afford and who are willing to pay the price.

Depending on where you live, you might want to fly to a state without sales tax (e.g., Oregon) to make your ring purchase to save some $$$.

Also, you can get discounted T&C gift cards on eBay. Not saving much but at least you're not paying the "FULL" price.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I don't know what the etoile solitaire everyone is talking about. Is this it? I know what the etoile band is though. It's veryyyyyy pretty.

ring_question.jpg

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
There is one thing about Tiffany's that makes it far more appealing than any place I've looked, and that is their financing!! That is important if you would like a $10k ring and don't want to wait a year to a) pay down a credit card so you have $10k available b) wait a year to save up the money and pay cash. They have a great Tiffany Time Card or something - in our case they approved us for 40% down on our ring with 9 months INTEREST FREE. That is much better than 18% on some credit card or 90-day lay-away or financin as I have seen in other jewelry stores - it makes a BIG DIFFERENCE! I don't want to get my e-ring two days before my wedding!

Plus, if you live near a Tiffany's you could take your ring to get steam-cleaned every week if you want to, and the customer service is great so far.

I am trying very hard to decide between a .84 H VS1 round w/.32 pear sidestones in plat. at Tiffany's v. an estate Cartier 1.08 E VS2 w/.19 bead-set in plat. They are both beautiful, but the experience I've had in Tiffany's and the fact that they have the 9 month interest free financing makes the first ring that much more appealing.

Just something to think about, in case you don't have all the cash/credit at your fingertips. The sales experience I've had in Tiffany's has been the best so far, and I've worked in retail too, so I'm extremely picky. And you are buying into the mystique of their 150 year history, so of course you don't negotiate, just like you wouldn't at Yves Saint Laurent - even though you may be buying -as with a diamond - just a "commodity" like a black turtleneck. You have to look at the whole experience, it seems. I HATED haggling at Houston's big diamond shop, HATED all the sales people, and would have LOATHED getting my diamond from them and the atmosphere was not right to cultivate a relationship that would last. Tiffany's was not like that. But you have to go with what fits you the most, of course.

Just my twocents, from a relative newbie
1.gif

Love Street

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results