shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany's

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eurotom

Rough_Rock
Hi

I'm planning to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend in the next month or so. I am hoping to buy it in New York when I head over for a holiday in June. I know she'd be thrilled at the idea of a Tiffany ring (I know, it's all about the brand etc etc...) but I have no clue as to what I'd be looking at paying for say, 1-1.5 carat as there are no Tiffany stores in Ireland (where we live) so I can't really do any hands on research. Their website is pretty useless, giving only a 'starting from' price. I know she's not keen on their standard cuts i.e. Lucidia (sp?!?) etc and would opt for a square cut three stone ring.
Can anyone out there fill me in on what monsterous wad of cash I'm going to have to find for this one?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Other recommendations for good jewellery stores in NY would be greatly apprciated.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

(Well, at least he waited until Friday for this one............

9.gif
11.gif
)

Sorry, Tom...........no clue what their pricing is. I'm sure someone will chime in, though.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can always get an impression on what a ring with three decent squares (you probably refer to the 'princess' cut) of 1-1.5 total weight (or is this for the center stone ?) would cost outside Tiffany. The range of color and clarity in Tifany e-rings goes D/J, IF/VS2 - with these factors only at play, the price would more than double from the bottom to the top of the range for any given weight. So... we'd need to know more about your choice anyway!

Let's say: G/H-VS (menaing white and perfectly eye clean with no exageration on price, as far as I understand these). The three-stone rings on the Tiffany website have the side stones of about 75%-77% the size of the center (this does not men 'weoght' just diameter or area), so a trio of princess cuts made up of a 0.9cts center and 0.3cts each sides fits the respective model... assuming 5.5mm for the side of the center and 3.8mm for the sides.

I would expect about $5000 (generous approx here) for the stones (4k the center, 1k the sides) and 2k for a setting close to what you have in mind ('generic' versions would likely be half that).

There are several older threads talking about what the premium of Tiffany really is, and 30% or somewhat above gets mentioned.

Hope this helps
read.gif

mmakc

Rough_Rock
I have recently visited Tiffany's but was looking only at the Round Brillant with the diamond bands.

I know that the round brilliant at 1.5 rand approximatly $15,000 - $19,000 and were I color. Their cut and clarity were great. Tiffany offers great settings in platinum and their work is great, but you'd still be paying for the name to some degree.

Good luck.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany's was one of the first places I went... I ALMOST dropped over $5k on a 0.3ct H VS2 Lucida I think. What was I thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results