shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany's new solitaire setting

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Just looking for advice on resetting my 3.5 ct MMD. I definetely want the traditional 6 prong Tiffany setting. I know they make changes to it every coupe of years. This is their current setting from website ;
Screenshot_20240313_183621_Chrome.jpg
And this is their more traditional setting with higher shoulders that I've seen everywhere;

Screenshot_20240319_145417_Chrome.jpg

Am I crazy or are these different settings? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Those definitely look like two different settings, particularly where the head meets the band….

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I initially saw a lot more differences when just going off of those two images, but when I looked at Tiffany's video, I believe that photography played a larger role in magnifying any differences.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Just looking for advice on resetting my 3.5 ct MMD. I definetely want the traditional 6 prong Tiffany setting. I know they make changes to it every coupe of years. This is their current setting from website ;
Screenshot_20240313_183621_Chrome.jpg
And this is their more traditional setting with higher shoulders that I've seen everywhere;

Screenshot_20240319_145417_Chrome.jpg

Am I crazy or are these different settings? Thanks for any advice.

The original has a rounded shank with slightly graduated shoulders, the head is the same.

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
I initially saw a lot more differences when just going off of those two images, but when I looked at Tiffany's video, I believe that photography played a larger role in magnifying any differences.

Yes, that could be too. I haven't been able to find an older video, just the current one on their site to compare the two.

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
The original has a rounded shank with slightly graduated shoulders, the head is the same.

Yes, the shoulders look the same as the shank on the one on their site now. The older style appears to have higher shoulders. I'm not sure which look I like better.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
The smaller base of the first picture appears to decrease the size of the donut and set the diamond a bit higher. Most PSers like the diamond as low set as possible for increased wearability.

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
The smaller base of the first picture appears to decrease the size of the donut and set the diamond a bit higher. Most PSers like the diamond as low set as possible for increased wearability.

That makes sense. Should the culet be showing in this type of setting? I need to give the designer exactly what I want and I don't want to make any mistakes. I've read other forum posts about this setting and it's just so confusing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results