shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s Lucida 1ct. Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kendall

Rough_Rock

I need help! Five years ago I was engaged. I purchased a 1ct. Tiffany''s Lucida engagement ring. The engagement itself lasted about 1 1/2 years and after we broke it off the ring was returned to me. I never could bring myself to self it as I knew I would not get back anywhere near what I paid for it ($13000 incl. tax).

Does anyone know where I might be able to sell it and at least get back half of what I paid for it?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you plan on being engaged again, I think you would be able to upgrade with Tiffany.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
Try signed pieces

http://www.signedpieces.com/we_buy.cfm

not sure how much they would give you but its worth a shot!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 3:07:06 PM
Author:kendall

I need help! Five years ago I was engaged. I purchased a 1ct. Tiffany''s Lucida engagement ring. The engagement itself lasted about 1 1/2 years and after we broke it off the ring was returned to me. I never could bring myself to self it as I knew I would not get back anywhere near what I paid for it ($13000 incl. tax).

Does anyone know where I might be able to sell it and at least get back half of what I paid for it?
Signedpieces.com buys designer jewelry that is in very good condition. Also, I''d try bill pearlman at pearlmans. I''d get a quote from both and see which would give you a better price. From what I''ve seen I think the tiffany pieces go very quickly from signedpieces, so I don''t think you''ll have a hard time selling it and getting around 1/2 of what you paid.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have it polished at Tiff''s so it looks brand new, I would try selling it yourself on craigslist or ebay. Tiffany erings generally go for a decent price, especially if you scan and provide all the documentation.

Signed pieces or pearlman''s will be easier, but you probably wouldn''t get as much for it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
definetly try signedpeices or Pearlmans. I've consigned with pearlman's several times and they take 15% of the agreed selling price so you'd probably do better than just half with them.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/27/2007 3:07:06 PM
Author:kendall

Just a tip...

Prices on high quality Diamonds have gone up nicely in the last five years...
Find out the asking price on a similar quality Lucida these days...

bfready

Rough_Rock
Don''t know all the specs on your ring, but a 1ct Lucida F VVS1 recently sold on ebay for $10,900.

wardo134

Rough_Rock
Take it to Tiffany''s and they will revalue it for insurance purposes for free - and will give you a letter confirming relacement value.

I bought a 3ct Lucida 2 years ago, had it recently revalued for insurance purposes - and the price had gone up 50% in two years.

Since you''ve had yours 5 years, you should be able to get the price you paid for it from someone if you have to sell it.

I would hang onto it - and trade it in with Tiffanys when you meet the right woman.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results