Tiffany's DYES Their Pearls!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
okay now this is depressing

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
wow, they're selling filled corundum?! "infused with colorless substances to improve color and clarity".... wtf!

I don't think the white pearls are dyed, but they are definitely bleached. When I first started getting into pearls I had also bought an aqua set from them and was sent that book. Reading through it I was like :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: that is a lot of treatments!!! So, I did not buy anything from them. I have actually been selling off my Tiffany stash... 8)

ETA I have seen those strands in person... not a fan.

Also, did you know Tiffany and opened their own.. I don't know.. "sub"store that was only pearls? It didn't do well and it tanked. I can't remember of the name of the store, but you can find a lot of their stuff on ebay ;-) True to Tiffany, they charged an arm and a leg, hoping that consumers were not educated.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean said:
Also, did you know Tiffany and opened their own.. I don't know.. "sub"store that was only pearls? It didn't do well and it tanked. I can't remember of the name of the store, but you can find a lot of their stuff on ebay ;-) True to Tiffany, they charged an arm and a leg, hoping that consumers were not educated.

Irridesce. There was a website too. No more.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Gee - it's nice to know they have such high standards for what kind of enhancements they will allow.... everything but those that enhance weight! I agree - it is shocking.

For our wedding this spring, we looked at Tiffany's - but did not like their strands - we looked everywhere and I finally had a beautiful hanadama natural white set put together by PP. They have outshone every strand we looked at in person - including the strands from Tiffany's! Funny, because I told my husband that the Tiffany strands looked like plastic (one strand particularly so)...perhaps it was that 'natural protective coating' :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results