shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s appraisal cost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance is purchasing a ring from signed pieces and we''ll need an appraisal for insurance purposes. Anyone know how much a Tiffany''s appraisal will cost? I sort of want to go there for piece of mind. I know signed pieces has a great reputation but just to settle things.

I''m going to try and get a Chubb policy - I''ll start the calls tomorrow.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you seen a Tiffany appraisal? some of the Tiff pieces at SP have them. they''re pretty boring.

if something happens to it, do you want to replace with a Tiffany piece?

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the cost is $200. You can call Tiffany''s to confirm. Also, you will have to part with the ring for at least two weeks.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll check the paperwork that comes with the ring. Wow, two weeks- its going to be hard to part with it.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
One advantage to having Tiffany''s do the value, is that they also authenticate the item as being a legitimate Tiffany piece.

Not that many independent appraisers have the credentials to authenticate items, and chances are that one that does "exactng" analysis, might want this to be done.

Professionally "careful" apprasiers have to deal with this for many name brand items, where there is rampant counterfieting.

Such are Rolex, Cartier, Tiffany and Patek Phillipe watches especially. The knockoffs are sometimes really a problem, and thorough examination of the item to authenticate it can be troublesome.

Rockdoc

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Winternight, just ask Signed Pieces for an appraisal - it's included in your purchase. Simple.

Why bother with a Tiffany appraisal? Are you worried it could be an impostor piece?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Recently, I was looking to have a Tiffany piece appraised when I called the Toronto Tiffany store, someone on the phone told me it would be $50 Can. Yet I have heard the $200 USD figure (NYC) as wel. Perhaps I misunderstood the Canadian price, but I don''t think so.....

cheers--Sharon

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 2:53:08 PM
Author: starryeyed
Winternight, just ask Signed Pieces for an appraisal - it''s included in your purchase. Simple.

Why bother with a Tiffany appraisal? Are you worried it could be an impostor piece?
I''m 99% confident that it will be authentic, but for that 1% and my fiance''s piece of mind I think we''ll just get one from Tiffany''s. I may also ask signedpieces for one to speed up the insurance process - I didn''t realize that one was included, thanks for that tip!

Thanks Roc Doc, I was concerned that an outside appraiser might not be able to authenticate a Tiffany''s piece.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I think the appraisal cost at Tiffany varies depending on the amount of information you have on the purchase. Like if you were the original owner and thus in their system, it would be easy for Tiffany to just print out a new one and authenticate.

I purchased a Diamonds by the Yard bracelet second hand and took it in to get in lengthened a bit. I inquired about the appraisal cost and was quoted $200. I decided on not getting it done since the authenticity issue had been settled in my mind since Tiffany was willing to take it in to make it longer and to polish it up.

I think it''s a good idea for you though. The ring should have the diamond number on the inside of the shank, so hopefully they can trace the diamond information and include it in the appraisal for you. Hopefully it won''t take two weeks, but that''s what I was told. I''m in California though, and got the impression they send everything to New York.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results