shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DOH!

Open mouth ... insert foot!
14.gif

Glad to see you're still around and good for you on your engagement Shawn!
1.gif
Glad things are going well.

Rhino

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah, what a wonderful, romantic proposal! Congratulations!

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/5/2003 10
6.gif
6:10 AM Rhino wrote:

DOH!

Open mouth ... insert foot!
14.gif

Rhino
----------------

Why not save time and insert both feet at once?
9.gif

And congratulations on your engagement, shawntp! It sounds like it went really well!

Speed Racer

Rough_Rock
Everyong should just do what their heart tells them to do, just make sure wherever the diamond is from, that you make it mean something special to your future bride.

----------------
[/quote]

Hello all, I have been reading these threads and soaking up diamond knowledge like a sponge for the last couple of months. The information and opinions from everyone here is unbelievably helpful.

I have never had any intention of joining in on the posts, but I just have to give a HUGE congratulations to Shawn for an incedible proposal, and for picking up on the true point of all of this!
appl.gif

The most important thing is that the ring means something special to both of you, not the cost/carat or whatever numbers go with it. To choose your ring from a store that means something to both of you, and to put so much effort into a truly unique proposal means that you have created memories and wonderfully romantic feelings that you will both carry with you forever. That's what it's all about! Without romance, love, and the kind of true feelings that make people do crazy things for each other, there would be no real purpose for diamond jewelry!

So, congratulations Shawn! You are truly an inspiration to me in my quest to make my proposal as special as I possibly can. You have seen the forest in spite of the trees, so to speak, and have made sure to put romance above practicality. If there is ever a time to do it, it's most certainly when you're asking your girlfriend to marry you.

For everyone else out there, please don't miss my point. I am personally putting a lot of effort and a very large amount of information gathering into choosing my diamond. I am in no way condoning paying an unfair price or turning a blind eye to value. The point is that each person has to decide what truly adds "value" to their purchase. For Shawn and his girlfriend, getting a ring from Tiffanys added something very special that will live with them forever. There is nothing wrong with that! Be happy for them and that there is still love and romance in the world. Without it, we would all be very sad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results