shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany vs Blue Nile

Which would you rather have?

• 2. Blue Nile round "ideal" 1.76 carat G VS1 with any setting of your choice (priced ~$2500-$3500)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Danny415

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of the comments and votes on my poll. Another thought crossed my mind. If my girlfriend really didn''t have much of a preference at all over the name brand, we wouldn''t be having this dilemma in the first place. We would have easily decided that the markup wasn''t worth it and just moved on to a better value (such as Blue Nile). However, if she in fact did really prefer the Tiffany ring, she may be reluctant to actually flat out ask for it. I think that the very fact that I''m stuck on this decision means to go with the Tiffany.

A little bit more about my girlfriend, whom I love more than anything in this world... She grew up without a lot of money and prior to ring shopping had never even walked into a Tiffany store because she knew she couldn''t afford anything there. How perfect would it be for her to own a Tiffany ring and go into any Tiffany store she wants to get it cleaned? She would essentially be part of the exclusive "club" that she grew up envying. I just hope I''ll be able to afford all the other Tiffany stuff she''ll eventually end up wanting!
2.gif

Are there any Tiffany ring owners out there who never felt they could enter a Tiffany store prior to the engagement? I would love to hear from any of you.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:05:44 PM
Author: Danny415
Are there any Tiffany ring owners out there who never felt they could enter a Tiffany store prior to the engagement? I would love to hear from any of you.
I don''t have a Tiffany engagement ring, mine is an eternity wedding band. Don''t know if my mini-story will be useful to you, also because it''s not coming from a similar standpoint as your girlfriend.

I never intended to make a large purchase ( >$500) from them. It held (and still doesn''t hold) any mystique for me. I went there to try a specific style that they had, intending to purchase something similar elsewhere, and fell in love with something entirely different. I hemmed and hawed about whether to try to replicate it at a different vendor or just buy the one from Tiffany, and in the end decided to go with the Tiffany one because it just happened to be "perfect" and the price difference was not that great.

I''m glad I have my perfect wedding band, but I don''t really feel any particular pride over it being from Tiffany. It just happened to be exactly what I wanted.

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
How perfect would it be for her to own a Tiffany ring and go into any Tiffany store she wants to get it cleaned? She would essentially be part of the exclusive ''club'' that she grew up envying. I just hope I''ll be able to afford all the other Tiffany stuff she''ll eventually end up wanting!
2.gif
good call... at the end of the day, it really IS all about making it that little bit more special for her, your very own special someone... congratulations on your decision and all the best on what''s to come...
1.gif

Pippin

Rough_Rock
I say Tiffany, too. It''s not the name brand for me, but the setting that I adore. I think it''s just gorgous. Also, they have fantastic customer service and you''d have that for life. That''s important to me.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no to Tiffany and this is coming from someone who has always admired the Tiffany name. Once I realized the premium that comes with the name, it because less important to me. I don''t necessarily want a large stone, I just don''t want to pay extra for a name. I''d rather have the peace of mind that my money purchased the best I could afford - regardless of what name brand is stamped on it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the Tiffany ring because I think there is just something special about their settings that can''t really be duplicated elsewhere. And I think it is so sweet that you want to give your girlfriend a ring from there so that she can treasure it for a lifetime and have an excuse to go in Tiffany''s and feel special. I just have a right hand ring and bracelet from Tiffany''s Swing collection, but when I got them at age 52 it was still a memorable experience for me.

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 11:33:27 PM
Author: Sundial

... but when I got them at age 52 it was still a memorable experience for me.
Hi Sundial,

Just wanted to let you know... I am not sure why but when I read the above words from your post I just feel so touched from deep within me and the biggest smile just formed itself over my face...

All the best to you...

Blast..
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well I''m in Ireland and we didn''t have a Tiffany store over here until about 5 months ago so I had never been in a Tiffany store before we went into see my e-ring (Lucida). Since then I''ve been in lots of times to get it cleaned when I''m on holidays and I''ve purchased some more Tiffany pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results