shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany vent

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
DH and I were in Vegas last week and well, being the bling lover I am, I could not help but go into Tiffany for some eye candy. I always head straight for the asschers, because Tiffany usually carries some of substantial size. This Tiffany however only had small asschers (.5-1.0 ct.), so I was a bit disappointed. While I was looking at them, a saleslady came over to ask if we needed assistance. I told her "No thank you. I just came to look at the asschers since I have one myself and I rarely see them in other jewelry stores". She then proceeded to tell me "Oh, we don't carry asschers. We carry square cuts." I knew that Tiffany didn't call them "asschers", but what really shocked me was that she then told me she wanted to show me rings with stones that looked more like mine - cushion cuts, and guided me over to the Legacy rings. Um...hello!? You work at Tiffany and you don't know the difference between an asscher and a cushion? :o :errrr: :confused: I told her politely that I was familiar with the Legacy and walked out, shaking my head the whole way.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah... sometimes I'm not sure where they get there SA's from :nono:

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I remember someone on PS posted a similar story where she proceeded to school the SA on diamond cuts and was then offered a job by the manager. :lol:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately it seems that this sales associate wasctesined in "sales" but not in the product they actually sell.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
asymons412|1313264041|2990180 said:
I remember someone on PS posted a similar story where she proceeded to school the SA on diamond cuts and was then offered a job by the manager. :lol:

This is great!!!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.. that IS strange. By any chance, did she get a good look at your stone? Just wondering if she was mistaken. Could happen, right? :confused:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Well, she didn't ogle it or anything, but my hands were pretty still the whole time and I DID say I have an asscher, so....

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I find it amusing, but not surprising. I would be irritated if someone with little knowledge was condescending or had a superior attitude, but simple cluelessness would not phase me.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Guilty Pleasure|1313266542|2990197 said:
I find it amusing, but not surprising. I would be irritated if someone with little knowledge was condescending or had a superior attitude, but simple cluelessness would not phase me.

I agree with this statement. Was the lady helpful but clueless?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
not surprising.it can take several months just to train a jewelry associate enough that you feel they can be left alone for a few minutes.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Not surprising at all, I just recently had one of their sales people tell me the Novo wasn't really a cushion cut, but a "round diamond cut more like a square". She also had no clue what a pavilion was.
Incompetent, with an attitude of superiority, she would not have gotten a sale if the purchase was for me, but it was a girlfriend who was looking and she doesn't care in the least about such things so she was the ideal customer for her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results