shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany - tax question - love some help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjd

Rough_Rock
Hi pricescopers,

I''m thinking about buying this ring from Tiffanys for my wedding band. The ring costs 7,700 before tax. I live in Europe ... sooo I am wondering if I will have to pay tax on this ring if I purchase from US. I contacted Tiffanys in San Fran and they said that I would have to pay tax which would bring the cost of the ring to over 9000 - a little over my budget! I will have to pay duty on the ring when it comes through customs here - but I''ve factored this in already.

Does anybody know if the tax situation is different if I purchase from Tiffanys in a different state?

I know this question is a little bring so I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer!

Thanks x

19395073_2_t.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
If you walk into their SF store and walk out with the ring, you will have to pay California sales tax. If they ship the ring to your address in Europe then you shouldn't have to pay sales tax. Refer them to the State of California Board of Equalization Sales and Use Tax Regulation 1620 found here

mjd

Rough_Rock
Kismet - thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it! I''ll forward that to the sales rep I have been dealing with and see what his response is. It didn''t make sense to me that I would pay tax in US and again here in Europe. Thanks again.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Are you planning on purchasing this in the US?

You are charged the tax for wherever you take possession of the ring. So if you took possession of it in the Europe, there shouldn't be any tax. (i.e. Buy it over here but have Tiffany ship it to your home in Europe and then you avoid tax)
31.gif

mjd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying Dreamgirl.

I was planning on buying online and having Tiffany send it to me. The sales person that I was talking to (in San Fran) insisted that I would have to pay tax in US even though I am purchasing from Europe. They don''t sell this ring in Tiffanys European stores.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
You just need to add 20% to the purchase price - 17.5% VAT + duty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results