shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany rings - Classic vs Ribbon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lungmao

Rough_Rock
:wavey: Hello all! i'm new here so hope you guys can give me some input!

Due to my recent success in my business, i've got a bit of cash to throw around to get a Tiffany Classic or Ribbon ring! So I'm at a stage to pick one!

However, I would appreciate some comments from you PROs :)

I'm not 100% sure which one i should get. Classic vs Ribbon ring?

Classic ring - platinum, 0.7 carat, E colour & VS1 clarity. $17,100 AU (Australian dollars).

Ribbon ring - platinum, 0.52 carat center diamond, F colour & VVS1 clarity. Surrounding 29 smaller diamonds about 0.3 carat in total and G colour / VS1. $16,200 AU.

The Ribbon ring (not sure if most of you seen it) is more unique in style while the Classic is more traditional.

Any comments or recommendations to help me make the final decision! :)

After the getting the ring....going to think of ideas to propose :razz:...headache!

Much appreciated! thanks!

Regards,

Kev :appl:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kev,

Do you definitely want to buy from Tiffany's? You have endless options and can get much more for your money if you don't. If you do, and want to choose from these two options, I guess you have to consider what the person who will wear the ring will like best. If it were me, I would choose the simple solitaire with a larger diamond. I would prefer to pay for a special diamond than for the setting. Settings can be changed and then there are so many options for wedding bands to go with a classic, elegant solitaire.

Hope that helps. :)

lungmao

Rough_Rock
One of the main reason why I chose Tiffany 'cos I can't really be bothered to research other places. Plus I can rely on what Tiffany sells is what they say it is. Other less unknown places, I'm worried what they sell me its not what they claim to be. In addition, even getting them to provide an international recognised cert. doesn't guarantee 100% its what I'm paying for.

Since it is a big investment, I don't want to muck around too much 'cos I'm no EXPERT at all.

Anyway guys, thanks for the advice.

As for the Precious Metal place :), Garry? :D I live near by...so might drop over some time to have a look!

Kev

:cheeky:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kev we are making a cartier ribbon ring, which I think is the same thing (they all copied an Italian design) for another client at present.

With regard the quality of goods, our diamonds are truly Ideal Cut, not just better than average which is all you will get at Tiffany. And regards reliability and integrity I could give you the name and number of Melbournes richest self made lady who will tell you about her 3ct stone she returned because she could not believe how much better our diamonds looked along side. Turned out the Tiffany stone was not the stone described in the certificate.
True story!
Actually she is getting engaged - maybe you are the lucky bloke Kev?

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Kevin

I just thought that I would jump in and put my two cents in here. My husband and I actually went to Tiffany's before the purchase of our diamond, and we were in total amazement over the cut of their diamonds. Well, we purchased an AGS Triple Zero from one of the online vendors, and we must admit our last trip to Tiffany's was not impressive at all - our diamond quality beats them hands down.

You will know that you are getting what you paid for when you use your independent appraiser for your diamond. It is well worth a little bit of research to purchase a better quality diamond, and it doesn't have to take up all of your free time. The experts on here are always wonderful about answering any questions.

Hope you find what you are looking for out there!
:wavey:

lungmao

Rough_Rock
I think I'll defintely drop by Precious Metal this weekend

Sounds like you've got it all :)

Thanks for your much appreciated help.

Regards,

Kev

lungmao

Rough_Rock
It was impossible to find a real Tiffany & Co. Ribbon ring on the web as a picture!.

I had to scan a crappy pic from a magazine.

Anyway, this should give you an idea what it looks like. The diamond in this pic should be the same size that I saw in the Tiffany shop.

Thks.

Regards,

Kev

:bigsmile:

tifrib.gif

lungmao

Rough_Rock
Another pic...I think this one is a bigger diamond

Kev

tifrib2.1.gif

lungmao

Rough_Rock
Visited Precious Metals today!. Garry was excellent in service! Highly recommended.

Shall contact you again in the near future! Thanks!

:twirl:

Kev

lucy

Rough_Rock
I pulled up this super old message about the Tiffany ribbon ring. I cant get the pictures open and was wondering if anyone had pictures. I love the setting but dont want to get it from Tiffs!-Gary H; do you still make a knock off of the Cartier? I dont have a pic of that one either but i guess it's the same? Does anyone else make this setting?
thank you!
21.gif
21.gif

Kezia

Rough_Rock
This is so ironic. I walked into Tiffany not more than one week ago, looking for a ring. I saw the ribbon ring you mentioned....absolutely gorgeous!!!!Get that ring!!! It was a little over our budget-so I'm thinking we forgo my gift this Christmas just to get that splendid ring! It is so beautiful. I actually found this website in search of that ring (it's not on tiffany & co's website)....go for the ribbon ring-coming from a woman also in the market for an unforgetable and special engagement ring. I'm so excited for you-I have gone to lengths to find that exact ring. It's the one.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
hehe. Its not THAT ironic as the original post was TWO YEARS ago.

Melissa

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lol@melissa
1.gif

smiley1

Rough_Rock
Kev

My partner and I looked at Tiffany's in Sydney, looked all over Brisbane and then have made several trips back to Sydney and have now chosen a beautiful 1.13ct classic tiffany. In my opinion, go for the Tiffany - i know people can copy the designs - but in my opinion they will never look as good and they have not been around over 160 years to prove there product.... the classic tiffany has been around since 1886 ... doesnt that say enough? Well it does for me! and i can't wait until that beautful ring gets to live on my finger for the rest of my life
1.gif

smiley1

Rough_Rock
oops.... blond moment... i just too realised that message was way old! nevermind
twirl.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
ok, the theory has been proven: people really must just stop reading and start replying after looking only at the very top post. lol.

oh well, it's always interesting to hear what people have to say, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results