shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Proposal Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was proposed to with a Tiffany ring. D had taken it out of the blue box and when he proposed he had it in the black ring box. He said that if he''d proposed at home, he would have given me all the boxes but as he proposed in Barcelona, he said it was a hard enough job trying just to hide the black box, let alone the others. We had picked it out together though so I knew where the ring was from. Best of luck with your proposal. She''ll love it whichever way you do it.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 3:07:08 AM
Author: AStack75

Date: 4/24/2008 3:21:56 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
If I were you, here is what I would do: Give her the blue box, ribbon and all. Allow her to undo the ribbon, and open the blue box. From there, take the blue box away from her and take the ring box out of the blue box yourself, get down on one knee and open up the ring box and BAM there it is, her pretty Tiffany ring with you asking for her hand in marriage!!!!!
30.gif
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I'm gonna do the above.
Oh, I feel truely honored. I think it's just a spectacular way to do this. Please let us know how it goes! I would love to hear what she thought about it!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear. I so badly want to tell my boyfriend about this (helping someone out for a Tiffany proposal)..........Don't know if I should though.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
That''s how I''d want it done. Opening the box would be half the fun
36.gif

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 8:38:45 PM
Author: WTNLVR
That's how I'd want it done. Opening the box would be half the fun
36.gif
I totally agree
9.gif
I wasn't even proposed to with a ring (I kept dropping hints saying... "it's ok to propose without a ring" because I really wanted to help pick it out - and when he DID propose I was totally shocked and surprised!). However, after we'd picked it out together, opening the Blue Bag, the Blue Box and the White Ribbon was half the fun! To me, the Blue Box means romance and engagement, since I never bought anything else from T. In fact, I have some vintage dishware from the 1950's with a very similar robbin's egg blue, and every time I see it it makes me think of Tiffany's, my ring, my proposal, my husband... ahh, happy thoughts associated with that color!

So, I think proposing with the box would be ideal. I almost think you wouldn't have to take it away from her to take the ring out yourself - I think getting on bended knee and producing that little blue box says it all! Then she gets to open the clamshell herself and see that beautiful diamond for the first time, glittering brightly against the velvet backdrop, the classic "engagement ring" image... then depending how the flow of things goes either she puts it on herself or she says yes and there's a "moment" where you slip it on...
2.gif

Or you tease her with the Bag until she's crawling in the parking lot begging for it (see below)
19.gif
25.gif
3.gif
Yeah, we were dorks :) We'd already been engaged for a couple months so we staged corny photo ops for posterity - but I had to share!
10.gif

Good luck with your proposal!

Tiffany proposal 2003.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s funny! I love that photo. What a great sense of humour you two have!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 2:03:26 PM
Author: Love Street
To me, the Blue Box means romance and engagement, since I never bought anything else from T. In fact, I have some vintage dishware from the 1950''s with a very similar robbin''s egg blue, and every time I see it it makes me think of Tiffany''s, my ring, my proposal, my husband... ahh, happy thoughts associated with that color!
This is EXACTLY the reaction I am hoping to get and the reason why I want to include the box.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Dreamgirl''s suggestion, especially since the little blue box is so important to you.

I do want to say that the LAST thing I did when my FI proposed was look at the ring. The moment I realized what he was doing my head started swirling, I started jumping up and down, and we were kissing and hugging and THEN he slipped the ring on my finger and I looked at it. I hope for you two that you get that swept up in the moment, it was magnificent.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 11:23:37 PM
Author: Haven
I like Dreamgirl's suggestion, especially since the little blue box is so important to you.

I do want to say that the LAST thing I did when my FI proposed was look at the ring. The moment I realized what he was doing my head started swirling, I started jumping up and down, and we were kissing and hugging and THEN he slipped the ring on my finger and I looked at it. I hope for you two that you get that swept up in the moment, it was magnificent.
Thank you. And yeah, I'd probably be so caught up in the moment that this guy is asking me to spend the rest of my life with him too. How exciting it would be! I'd still NOTICE the blue box & ring though. haha! Obviously, if it were me, Id notice him asking me before the rest.
30.gif

Ty Cobb

Shiny_Rock
Dreamgirl''s idea is exactly how I proposed last November. When I pulled out the blue box, she figured it was a set of silver earrings or something, when she got the bow off, her jaw dropped, I took the box out dropped to a knee and asked her to marry me. I think her first words when the lid came off the box was, is this for real!!! It was very nice.

My advice, don''t fret so much over the words, with all my friends and myself who have gotten engaged, it always seems like the woman has to be reminded of the actual words used.

But yes, I would definitely use the blue box. Not for the brandyness of it or showing or anything, but as was said, there is a certain amount of romance tied into that box. It isn''t valued as highly by some, but if it is valued by you, use it.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 9:53:47 AM
I realize there''s not a ''standard'' proposal. My question is more on the lines of... Ok, I paid thousands extra for this little blue box with a bow. I sure as s--t am going to keep it in the box when I present it to her for the first time. Do I just give her the box and let her do all the work? Do I let her take the bow off, then I take out and open up the clam shell box to her?

I''m just thinking about EVERY little detail, so that when I do pop the question, everything hopefully goes smoothly. You only get to propose for the first time once in your life. Might as well try to make it perfect.
dude just give her the ring.. who cares about a blue box.. you paid thousand extra just for a box/tiffanys name? i doubt it matters how they get it.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 3:50:10 PM
Author: Ty Cobb
Dreamgirl's idea is exactly how I proposed last November. When I pulled out the blue box, she figured it was a set of silver earrings or something, when she got the bow off, her jaw dropped, I took the box out dropped to a knee and asked her to marry me. I think her first words when the lid came off the box was, is this for real!!! It was very nice.
Perfect! That's how I would imagine it anyway! How exciting!
36.gif

Date: 5/29/2008 4:10:01 PM
Author: lovehersomuch
dude just give her the ring.. who cares about a blue box.. you paid thousand extra just for a box/tiffanys name? i doubt it matters how they get it.
I disagree with you. It's not about the name, its about the experience, the blue box is a symbol all on it's own, its an icon and has been around for over a century. If it didn't mean anything, they wouldn't be producing it today. They also wouldn't need to "specially" remove their trash because people used to roust the garbage looking for the boxes. It's important to some people. Why not use it when it comes this way tied up with a white ribbon? Some people happen to appreciate this gesture of a beautiful presentation.

When I see the blue box, my eyes light up, my heart flutters because I know something extraordinary is about to happen. If he wants to use the box, then he should!!!!! If you don't like the blue box, thats your opinion but don't tell him not to present the ring like this when he wants to do it this way!
38.gif

1.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Lovehersomuch,
for some people getting something from Tiffany''s is very special. The same goes for giving something from Tiffany''s. Might as well make sure that the person who receives it knows it is from Tiffany''s (remember - tradition and lots of extra cash) - especially if the person receiving it may have no clue that it is so special in the absence of the blue box. How special/rare is Tiffany''s or how special does Tiffany''s want you to believe they are? Well, that is another debate.
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Haha, Love Street, that is a GREAT photo!
9.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
While you guys are on the subject - I liked Dreamgirl''s idea of presenting the box, letting her open it, and then taking it back to propose with.
The salesman actually described it similar to me. The "box" (attached) is actually just blue paper that he folded up around the velvety ring box, and then tied ribbon around. He said that the Tiffany goal is to never make a woman work to open her jewelry - so you just pull lightly at the ribbon, and it all comes undone (no tape involved or anything).
I am not the "I have to buy Tiffany" type, but I thought that a nice touch.

tiffany box.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your SA gave you proposal ideas? I LOVE how Tiffany ties that ribbon over things. I finally figured out one day how they did it and my boyfriend was very interested in seeing how it was done as well. He also loves how I just have to give it a little tug and.....tada! It all just nicely falls off the box. Very cool. Its like magic. lol
35.gif

Did he wrap it in paper because you plan on taking it back to be wrapped up again in a box?

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 2:16:33 PM
Did he wrap it in paper because you plan on taking it back to be wrapped up again in a box?
No... that paper is how he does the engagement rings. Not sure if it varies by location, but that''s what they did for me.

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 2:18:48 PM
Author: ringshopper2008

Date: 5/30/2008 2:16:33 PM
No... that paper is how he does the engagement rings. Not sure if it varies by location, but that''s what they did for me.
I was actually able to re-wrap it myself by the way, so I don''t need to go back... at least for now.
emsmile.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! So I wonder how many times will you open it up to look at it? lol Where are you keeping it so she doesn''t find it?

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 2:24:20 PM
Awesome! So I wonder how many times will you open it up to look at it? lol Where are you keeping it so she doesn''t find it?
I''m not comfortable putting that on here. Someone might trace my IP address, figure out where I live, and then go to where I said I put it. hahaha
I do have it insured though.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok thats fine. hahaha! I COMPLETELY understand your point there.
31.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
wait a minute. I am wrong. That blue paper is actually around a blue box.
17.gif
I had to go double check, because I obviously didn''t remember what was under the wrapping. sorry about that
15.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Excuses, excuses.
9.gif
(kidding)

You aren't going to propose to her until later this year, correct? How can you contain yourself? lol

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 3:12:28 PM
You aren''t going to propose to her until later this year, correct? How can you contain yourself? lol
haha right? Every time I see her now I just wanna be like "guess what I bought!!!!" It''s only 2 months away though. I am sure it will fly by.

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Dreamgirl, what is your picture of?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well 2 months isn't that long. I guess you should last! lol Oh, by the way....I hope you will give us the low down after the proposal!

My photo is Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's. She's literally having breakfast outside of the Tiffany window in NYC. Like some sort of pastry. You ever see that movie? (Yes, she is that dressed up to look inside the Tiffany window.) And I, of course gave it a touch of Tiffany blue.
28.gif

Ty Cobb

Shiny_Rock
I do have to admit, I had the ring for 6 months before I proposed. We would be talking on the phone and I would slide the bow off open the box and play with the ring. The whole time she was completely oblivious to the fact that I had it. It was hell trying not laugh about it. I became very adept at sliding the bow on and off.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to the store today to hopefully pick out a Tiffany Novo. I''m pretty excited!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I just got a ring from Tiffany''s. It actually came in the same exact wrapping paper you have here. Is that something new that they are doing? Most of the other pictures I''ve seen didn''t have the wrapping paper.

Date: 5/30/2008 2:02:49 PM
While you guys are on the subject - I liked Dreamgirl''s idea of presenting the box, letting her open it, and then taking it back to propose with.

The salesman actually described it similar to me. The ''box'' (attached) is actually just blue paper that he folded up around the velvety ring box, and then tied ribbon around. He said that the Tiffany goal is to never make a woman work to open her jewelry - so you just pull lightly at the ribbon, and it all comes undone (no tape involved or anything).

I am not the ''I have to buy Tiffany'' type, but I thought that a nice touch.

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 1:57:57 AM
I just got a ring from Tiffany''s. It actually came in the same exact wrapping paper you have here. Is that something new that they are doing? Most of the other pictures I''ve seen didn''t have the wrapping paper.
Did you buy a Novo??
31.gif

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 10:47:13 AM
Date: 6/8/2008 1:57:57 AM

Did you buy a Novo??
31.gif
I sure did!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results