shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Olive Leaf pearl ring

kah42

Shiny_Rock
So, I'm technically on a bling ban and yet, somehow through clicking, I found something that I LOVE. Has anyone seen the Tiffany Olive Leaf ring?

I've never been a Tiffany person, but I love pearls and am quite smitten by that profile view. Luckily for my wallet, the ring doesn't appear to be in stock. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any similar settings?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would think that would be a fairly simple CAD make for a jeweller with the right kit.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Olive leaf collection! I guess you won’t find anything exactly the same, but PP do this ring, they used to have it with a white freshwater pearl. You could always ask if they can make you one.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thats lovely! As Pearlescence said , any bench jeweller can recreate this using cad or making a wax carving and casting it. You would want to find a pearl first so it can be fitted. Of course, hard to know about the cost, definitely need to ask around as any hand made item is going to be more expensive than the manufactured ones.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Remember, designer's designs are copyrighted. So recreating them exactly is not only unethical but illegal.

The Tiffany ring is less than $500. Why go through the effort to recreate it to save maybe $50? Plus, being a branded Tiffany ring, it will retain its value on the secondary market if you ever want to sell it in the future whereas your copied design won't.

Tiffany pearls, at least the ones I've seen and own, are very high quality.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember, designer's designs are copyrighted. So recreating them exactly is not only unethical but illegal.

The Tiffany ring is less than $500. Why go through the effort to recreate it to save maybe $50? Plus, being a branded Tiffany ring, it will retain its value on the secondary market if you ever want to sell it in the future whereas your copied design won't.

Ditto.
Thritto.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kah42 My Tiffany SA has assured me that several designs that are currently “out of stock” or otherwise unavailable on the website will return once the COVID-19 situation calms. Most of the major jewellery houses have large NYC-based presences and dependencies (flagships, workshops, etc.) so my guess is that much activity will resume once NYC businesses reopen.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kah42 My Tiffany SA has assured me that several designs that are currently “out of stock” or otherwise unavailable on the website will return once the COVID-19 situation calms. Most of the major jewellery houses have large NYC-based presences and dependencies (flagships, workshops, etc.) so my guess is that much activity will resume once NYC businesses reopen.
Yep. And as of tonight, @kah42 ,the ring seems to now be available -- at least in the several ring sizes I selected at random; I was able to add all 4 of them to the online shopping Bag.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Yep. And as of tonight, @kah42 ,the ring seems to now be available -- at least in the several ring sizes I selected at random; I was able to add all 4 of them to the online shopping Bag.

Excellent news! I'll have to check them out and consider ending my bling ban :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

All excellent points ! Especially the cost factor.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[/QUOTE]

I agree with your post re copying settings and designs. I went to the Tiffany site and was surprised that this ring and other Tiffany pearl rings use freshwater pearls and not cultured sea water (akoya) pearls. As a owner of both types of pearls indeed quality does vary and I am sure Tiffany gets better quality freshwater pearls. But I assumed that Tiffany used Akoyas. I wonder what a similar ring - a solitaire with a minimally decorative setting in the same metal would cost at Mikimoto which specializes in Akoya pearls ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results