shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Colored Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Just got my 2009 Tiffany Blue Book in the mail yesterday. On Page 77, they had colored stones in their Novo setting. Not sure if I like them or not. I''d have to see them in person. Didn''t look as nice as the Legacy rings. Nothing on their website yet.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Any photos - I would love to see. Maybe you can take a photo of the book?

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I just gave the Blue Book to my fiancee. I''ll have her take a picture for me and I''ll post it as soon as she sends it.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I emailed my favorite SA the other day and she will be sending me my blue book. I CAN''T WAIT to see!!!

BTW, how is the engagment coming along?
31.gif

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Going good Dreamgirl. Thanks for asking. I've created a Tiffany monster. She hadn't owned a real diamond anything until her E-Ring. Now she wants everything in the store! Also, I get mail from Tiffany probably at least once every two weeks and she loves reading and drooling over everything they send me.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 4:02:23 PM
Author: AStack75
Going good Dreamgirl. Thanks for asking. I''ve created a Tiffany monster. She hadn''t owned a real diamond anything until her E-Ring. Now she wants everything in the store! Also, I get mail from Tiffany probably at least once every two weeks and she loves reading and drooling over everything they send me.

Ha ha!!! I would be doing the same.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Here it is.

Colored Novo.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 4:02:23 PM
Author: AStack75
Going good Dreamgirl. Thanks for asking. I've created a Tiffany monster. She hadn't owned a real diamond anything until her E-Ring. Now she wants everything in the store! Also, I get mail from Tiffany probably at least once every two weeks and she loves reading and drooling over everything they send me.
That will happen to a girl when she gets a Tiffany. OOPS, I must have forgot to tell you that......
11.gif
At least you are the good guy who will buy her everything in the store. I wish I were only that lucky! I mean, I get stuff from Tiffany (don't get me wrong) I would really love diamond stuff though........

I acutally get stuff from them all the time too. But it seems I don't get the Blue Book in the mail. This time I will though.
30.gif

I'm not sure what I think about the Novo with other stones. It's one of those things I will have to see in the store. You know? The blue one is growing on me though....lol

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
My thoughts exactly. I love their Legacy rings, but these ones....don't really do it for me. I'll have to see them with my own eyes too. Not sure if and when the stores will have them.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
These aren''t doing it for me too. I like the Legacy colored stones much better.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the purple one, but, i''m a sucker for purple, lol. i agree that the legacy ones are much nicer though, there''s just something sexy about the contrast of a colored stone surrounded by all those diamonds!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are really pretty...but the legacy is SO much more appealing in a colored stone!

Splitgrey

Rough_Rock
Reminds of Ring-Pops

tessari

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting these AStack! I have been eagerly awaiting this post today because my BF and I want to design a tiffany novo type ring with about a 3 ct cushion cut medium-dark blue sapphire as the center stone and hearts on fire diamonds in the band and a really thin delicate band, like 2 mm.... now I finally have an idea of what it will look like and I love it! I am trying to picture it with a darker blue sapphire and I guess the light blue one there is an aquamarine?

we went to tiffany and i tried on a 2.1 carat novo, E color... it was $68,000! but it was gorgeous. just gorgeous.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I agree, for some reason the legacy looks really good with a colored stone and while there are many nice replicas, I still like Tiffany's the best (although not enough to drop 6k on a 1 ct aqua ring...but I did consider it after trying it on).

These don't impress me so much. I probably would not even consider paying top dollar for those. I have been wanting to do a colored stone with a pave band, but I like the options I have found better.

But I do love that purple stone...the color is great...do you know what kind of stone it is???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they would be prettier with delicate double prongs and not those big huge "gem eaters" on there.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
got it too. it had some great stuff and some stuff where I went, meh. but some of the stuff was incredible!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s so odd- I LOVE the Legacy with colored stones, much more than with a diamond, but the Novo - totally the other way around. Although that blue Novo is intriguing...

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
The top one is not an aquamarine if I recall correctly. I''ll post the stone details as soon as I get it.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
I feel like a weirdo...I don''t like the gemstone Tiffany legacy at all.... but I looooovvve these gemstone Novos!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Here are the stones in the picture...

Green Tourmaline (5.14 carats $20k)
Yellow Sapphire (5.2 carats $15k)
and Pink Sapphire (7.15 carats $75k)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have to be a dissenter I much prefer these to the legacy, the look is less which to me makes it more.

OMG I want to try one on so badly

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 7:32:34 PM
Author: Splitgrey
Reminds of Ring-Pops

LOL.... I haven''t had one of those in years!!
9.gif

tessari

Shiny_Rock
Deelight: exactly...these totally showcase the beautiful stones.

Maybe these look a little "off" bc the stones are really big, I think with a 3 ct stone it might look a little less like a cocktail ring...

cup_of_t

Rough_Rock
I''m afraid they won''t be on the website or in any store to see in person (yet)...the blue book is just one-off items which get made for an event at the flagship in October (and most get sold that evening). If there was a lot of interest, the company might make more but it''ll take years for them to become mainstream. If they didn''t sell, they''ll join the travelling statement collections and go around the world.

I wasn''t sure about them - I love green tourmalines and there are so many in this year''s blue book! - but the diamond novo is so much nicer....we had the 4ct one used in all the advertising earlier this year in a travelling collection...yummy!

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
I think I would like them if the stones weren''t so huge. Maybe a steely blue sapph or something rosy.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I had my scanner set up today so I scanned the Bluebook page. If anyone is interested, here is a clearer image.

ColorTiffanyNovo2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the catalog, too, and while those are beautiful, solitaire still says "e-ring" to me. I''d much rather have one of the colored stone Legacy rings than these because they could be e-rings or right hand rings. I am saving this catalog, though, because there are other exquisite settings on colored stone rings that I''d like to save for future inspiration!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I rather like this setting. Simple yet different.

prettytiffanysetting.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was one of my favorite settings, Charmy! I don''t wear stones that large (which is a good thing financially!), but I''d love to have that setting made for a emerald cut or oval stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results