shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Metro Eternity Band - Thoughts on This Pairing?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out what bands I'm going to wear with my new setting. Ultimately I think the ring looks best on its own, but there are times when I think I will want to wear a band or two with it. I want the band to be thin and very low profile so they don't distract too much from my e-ring. Since there will always be a gap between my ring and the band (which I like), I'm thinking that two thin bands may actually look better than one.

I found a Tiffany Metro on eBay at a good price, so I gave it a shot. It's a really pretty ring, but I don't think it's quite right for my setting. I like that it's thin, but it's almost too thin. It might look better with a second band (perhaps another Metro?) stacked with it, but at these prices I would only buy another one if I could find it pre-loved again. Long story short, I will probably be returning this one since I'm not sure, but I thought I'd share the pics with you guys anyway! :tongue:

_2245.jpg

_2246.jpg

_2247.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am actually surprised I am saying this but I actually LIKE it with your ering! I am normally a "matchy matchy" but this looks fantastic. It really complements the ering without taking anything away from that amazing stone and setting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I kinda like it! BTW, Tiffany also has (or had) a slightly curved diamond band--and it would follow the lines of your ring well.

cheers--Sharon

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I think it is a very pretty band, so nice and delicate but to be totally honest I much prefer your engagement ring by itself. Your e-ring is just stunning - like a work of art - and it has a lot going on. I think w/ the band it looks really busy. I also don't love that it pushes your e-ring up your finger like that. It looks like the metro band may also be a slightly different color metal than your e-ring. It reads darker (perhaps it is just the patina on the older ring?).

My vote is to wear the wedding band on your right hand and if you love this one - keep it! If not, maybe hunt for one you love and then you won't need to worry about what it looks like w/ your e-ring.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty but I think it's a tad too thin to work with your e-ring. Gorgeous though!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those Metro bands - they are beautiful! But I think I'm in the same camp as Laila - it seems a tad too thin to work as perfectly as it could, with your ering (which is OUT OF THIS WORLD GORGEOUS!!) I also like Sharon's idea of finding a shaped band that - to my eye - might be a bit more pleasing to wrap around your halo and not leave such a large gap... but that's just me! ;))

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOOOOVE your ering! Gorgeous!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ditto Enerchi, and your ering is to die for :love:

I'd wear it--ering--solo, ymmv :))

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I think the same size stones in milgrain would look better. just my 2 cents.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks very nice with your ring but could be a bit wider. When I bought my channel set band from Tiffany's, I tried on the Metro. The sales associate did not recommend the ring for every day wear (such as a wedding band) as it was so delicate she felt that it wouldn't hold up over time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1354936134|3325968 said:
I think it looks very nice with your ring but could be a bit wider. When I bought my channel set band from Tiffany's, I tried on the Metro. The sales associate did not recommend the ring for every day wear (such as a wedding band) as it was so delicate she felt that it wouldn't hold up over time.

MGR...I need to learn how to make diamonds sparkle like your avatar picture!!!

I think the band is just too thin, too, and I am afraid with the gap, I am not going to like any band with it as well as I like it alone. I'd wear a wedding band on one hand and this ring on the other. It really is gorgeous!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1354914300|3325722 said:
I love those Metro bands - they are beautiful! But I think I'm in the same camp as Laila - it seems a tad too thin to work as perfectly as it could, with your ering (which is OUT OF THIS WORLD GORGEOUS!!) I also like Sharon's idea of finding a shaped band that - to my eye - might be a bit more pleasing to wrap around your halo and not leave such a large gap... but that's just me! ;))

Well said! That e-ring really is spectacular on its own but if you really want a thin band or two, I agree with the suggestions that should you look for something that follows the curves of your e-ring (vs competes with it). Were you thinking that there might be times that you'd want to wear a "simpler" band like a lot of us do on the days we don't want to have both our e-ring & w-band on? Or would these bands always be worn with your engagement ring?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The band is pretty and I think it looks fine with your ering but your ering is so pretty on its own.

juliehmarks

Rough_Rock
Have you considered moving your incredible engagement ring to your right hand? Then you can wear whatever wedding band you please on your left. Your engagement ring is so beautiful on all sides and I think a band may distract/hide some of those details. If you prefer to have a band to wear with it on the left hand, maybe the jeweler who designed the setting can make you a somewhat "matching" band - with the same size diamonds that are in your setting. I agree with you on keeping it small and dainty - the Tiffany Metro band looks good, but I have a feeling your jeweler can design something even more perfect : ) Wear it in good health as my mom always says : )

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with the other folks who said that the metro band is a tad too thin for your gorgeous ring. My advice is to go try on a ton of rings so that you know what you like and what to look for on eBay.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1354943833|3326041 said:
MissGotRocks|1354936134|3325968 said:

MGR...I need to learn how to make diamonds sparkle like your avatar picture!!!
I think the band is just too thin, too, and I am afraid with the gap, I am not going to like any band with it as well as I like it alone. I'd wear a wedding band on one hand and this ring on the other. It really is gorgeous!

Go the sparkly avatar thread in Hangout - those lovely ladies will make your ring sparkly too! They are magicians!!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I quite like it. I'm a fan of "non matching" rings as week. I'd totally wear it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the minority, but I love this look! I love the touch of sparkle next to your ering and I think the rings look really nice together.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
I looooooove this look! I love super thin bands and i think this looks fab together!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Abby12|1355056472|3326735 said:
I looooooove this look! I love super thin bands and i think this looks fab together!

This. I love the look too (I stack thin rings myself next to my ering). It's just a subtle bit of sparkle!! I would not want to see
a thick w band next to your gorgeous ring at all. I think it's perfect! :))

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! I think the only band that would work with your gorgeous e-rig needs to be thin. This is perfect! :love:

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
I love the metro band, but your ring def deserves the whole hand :))
if at all, I would wear an antique style eternity on the other hand (perhaps with diamonds and sapphires).

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
I like canuk-gal's idea of a curved band. Your e-ring is such as show stopper on its own I think a wedding band that flows with the lines of your e-ring rather than creating lines of its own would make a more cohesive look. Gorgeous pieces!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results