shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany MARK

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul Varjak

Rough_Rock
I am an architect and my wife wants to buy me a lifetime watch. While starting out looking at Rolex, I have been looking at Tiffany''s new MARK line of watches introduced in 2002 with interest.

Here is the basic specs of the one I am looking at:

swiss made
ETA 2892 21 jewel automatic movement with additional finishes
Three hands / date
COSC certificate
18K solid gold case/rotor and tang-type buckle
sapphire crystals front and back
croc strap
FIVE YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY

$3650.00

It is also a very elegant and understated watch. I like the refined lines of the watch - its very architectural in character.

While Tiffany has a reputation for being pricey, this seems to be very reasonably priced for what you get, plus the kiss-up service they provide. Rolex does not even have a 5 year warranty and thier SS models just begin at this price.

Tiffany has historically just stamped thier name on watches made by others and the MARK line is thier first completely new line of watches in a while.

Initially, I was wary of the ETA movements because they are somewhat common and treated with some distain on some of the forums. After looking into it further, I found the ETA 2892 is extremely reliable and accurate and makes up the vast majority of non-Rolex COSC certificates. And for a 3.5K gold watch, one should not expect a in-house movement.

The gift box is leather and quite impressive too. What you do with it after you buy one is another matter.

Being new, not many people have them, which I suppose gives it a bit of esoteric appeal. Also, there are a lot of fake Rolexes out there. I venture to guess there are not many Tiffany MARK fakes because they are so new and have such a small market share.

Any thoughts before she buys it??

front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results