shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Lucida Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
This is from my database on Lucidas which has new and 4 month old prices but the price per carat seems to have stayed the same so you can get a good ballpark estimate.
Sort by Price/carat
Carat Weight Clarity Color Price Price/Ct
3.06 VS2 F $72,000 $23,529
3.13 VS1 H $57,000 $18,211
1.61 VVS1 F $26,200 $16,273
1.55 VVS1 G $23,800 $15,355
1.56 VVS2 H $21,000 $13,462
1.59 VVS1 H $21,400 $13,459
1.61 VVS2 H $21,200 $13,168
2.01 VS1 I $24,600 $12,239
1.31 VVS1 H $15,500 $11,832
1.71 VVS1 I $20,200 $11,813
1.75 VVS1 I $20,600 $11,771
1.42 VVS1 H $16,700 $11,761
1.55 VVS2 I $18,200 $11,742
1.32 VS1 I $13,500 $10,227
1.27 VS1 I $12,400 $9,764

G Weldon

Rough_Rock
Please...Can anyone tell me what the ideal cut parameters are for the Tiffany Lucida? No one at Tiffany will tell me; if cut is the most important c, than no wonder I'm having trouble choosing which one to buy. I already know that the Lucere, Flanders, etc. are more brilliant, but I'm set on getting the Lucida. I just want to make sure that when I fork out a boat load of money on this ring I'm getting a good cut in addition to the other cs.

reena

Ideal_Rock
the tiffany people really won't give you any info about the ideal cut parameters for the ludica?
confused.gif
i don't blame you for being hesitant. that's a TON of money to spend and not know what you're getting, and i can't believe they think you'd be comfortable making a purchase of that magnitude without cut info.
sad.gif

Regent Cut

Rough_Rock
Hi Welson,

I don''t think at Tiffany''s they know themselves what the ideal proportions are.
As I can see from the pictures of the Lucida, it will never give you a great sparkle as the crown of the stone is too high with a too small table.
Don''t take my word for it but I think they just manufacture whatever comes out without following the strict rules of measurements.
I have never seen a Lucida in front of me, just the pictures from their website.
They too much look like the regular Radiant cut that is by the way the cheapest shape of diamonds on the market today.
The Radiant cut is generally manufactured in Fancy coloured diamonds as they are capable of intesifying the colour the best way.

Greetings,
Alain

Bridc:

Do you think the idea of a replica would bother your future fiance? or do you think she''d rather that you not spend the money if you could get something similar elsewhere for a lot less?

Also - I know of at least one poster on this board who wasn''t happy with her replica, and regrets not having gone to Tiffanys. BUT - I know that there have countless folks who have had the opposite experience. They have been extremely happy with their Lucida-like settings. If you think you''re going with a replica, you might ask folks to tell you which jeweler they went to and to post photos of their pretty rings.

I know this is a good amount of money - and that the decision shouldn''t be taken lightly. You''re smart to do your research. I''m sure your future fiance would be impressed that you''re trying to learn about diamonds and settings!

Best, Mary

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2005 6:30:40 AM
Author: Regent Cut
Hi Welson,

I don''t think at Tiffany''s they know themselves what the ideal proportions are.
... I think they just manufacture whatever comes out without following the strict rules of measurements.
Well, I thought this is just one more radical T-post (past Friday), until I opened NYT and saw this ! That particular Lucida has more 40% crown height. I saw a couple of these, but none quite like this poster kid. No other modern cut looks like this either, as far as I know. What the iceberg does to optics is anyone''s guess.

CantBe.JPG

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2002 9:20:39 AM
Author: bridc
FYI: For anyone interested, Tiffany''s quotes a price of $13,800 for a Lucida with the following specs:

Weight: 1.03
Clarity: VVS2
Color: F

Thoughts?
insane price for what you get but you said thats a non-issue....................

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2003 4:57
6.gif
0 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I believe Tiffany failed in patent attempts with the Lucida format. Anyone can cut it, but most do a much better job. Every Lucida I have seen through an ideal-scope looked horrid.

The worst Lucere or Regent looked better than the best Lucida.

But Lucida is a copyright name, just as Quadrillion - the early princess cut is.
i think tiffany ahs many beautiful stones but i think the lucida is FLAT. In general I was blown away by how unimpressive it was...........their emerald cuts were also horrible to my eye. i think their rounds are the best way to go if you WANT Tiffany or a particular Tiffany setting/mounting ...

Lucky8

Rough_Rock
i think tiffany ahs many beautiful stones but i think the lucida is FLAT. In general I was blown away by how unimpressive it was...........their emerald cuts were also horrible to my eye. i think their rounds are the best way to go if you WANT Tiffany or a particular Tiffany setting/mounting ...

We went to get an emerald cut originally, did a pile of research and went to Tiffany to see some in the flesh and you''re right - they looked real flat and glassy. We looked at a load more different stones because we REALLY wanted somthing different than round. Finally we bought this one.... guess what - round - blew us away.

f - vvs2 - 1.17

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results