shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy with Spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Have you ladies seen the Legacy with red spinel? There is a picture on their website. I''d post it, but I''m not sure how to put pictures on here. This is the link:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=24467023&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+1-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+legacy&search=1

I love the Legacy, but after reading all of your posts, I''ve come to understand I can have a ring of equal quality made for less. Plus, I''m disheartened by the fact that Tiffany does not tell you if the stone is heated. Their color stone booklet talks about how most of their color stones have some kind of treatment. I can''t justify the price for a treated stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their prices are nuts. Looks like a Mahenge spinel.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll say their prices are nuts......
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with their prices being nuts. You can get a Tiffany-inspired ring just like that for probably half of what they are asking for it. If I had $25000 to spend on a ring, I don''t think I would still buy that ring for that price when you can get it so much cheaper. Plus, if it is heated then you are really getting ripped off.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do they get away with this?!

LMAO at this price Tiff ring.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
seriously?! $25,500!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how to tell them this, but that bezel is totally off.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 2:11:11 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I don't know how to tell them this, but that bezel is totally off.
2/3rds of the ones in the store are too. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I was like... seriously?

I don't know if it's just because I've seen too many Legacy's and Legacy inspired settings but I gotta say, they don't do anything for me at all anymore. I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the Harry Winston style pave cushion halos. And Leon's mushroom Pave with split shanks. Not even COMPARABLE in my opinon.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 2:15:25 AM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 6/20/2009 2:11:11 AM

Author: FrekeChild

I don''t know how to tell them this, but that bezel is totally off.
2/3rds of the ones in the store are too. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I was like... seriously?

Truly incredible. You can have Leon do a fabulous halo spinel for probably less than half that price. No thanks, Tiffs!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The workmanship on Tiffany''s legacies does leave much to be desired. We had a whole thread once on Tiffany workmanship and how it is really lacking for the price. There are several legacies on their website that have badly done bezels and pave work.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pmsl !

Dearie me. They seriously need a quality control check!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2009 9:21:08 PM
Author:joy2theworld

Plus, I''m disheartened by the fact that Tiffany does not tell you if the stone is heated. Their color stone booklet talks about how most of their color stones have some kind of treatment. I can''t justify the price for a treated stone.
Spinel doesn''t react to heat and, as far as I know, they don''t have any treatments. However, I have heard that there is a GIA report that states that some Mahenge spinel is heated. I haven''t followed up on this, though.

On price, I must echo the other posters: no way. The stone is not even a top red colour - it is too purpleish instead of stop light red.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 5:05:50 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

Plus, I''m disheartened by the fact that Tiffany does not tell you if the stone is heated. Their color stone booklet talks about how most of their color stones have some kind of treatment. I can''t justify the price for a treated stone.
Spinel doesn''t react to heat and, as far as I know, they don''t have any treatments. However, I have heard that there is a GIA report that states that some Mahenge spinel is heated. I haven''t followed up on this, though.

On price, I must echo the other posters: no way. The stone is not even a top red colour - it is too purpleish instead of stop light red.
They also do not tell you the stone''s origin, which for that price, I want to know.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
joy2theworld,

I second the above post that you could get one from leon for way less (he makes very high quality items). Or if you want one that doesn't have the best craftsmanship (not the worst either) but is way WAY and I mean Way cheaper...buy the setting off an ebay (there is a few decent ones if you use search) seller for less than 300 and soruce the stone yourself from one of the gem sellers in the sticky above (a nicer red too).

25k you could fly to mine if you wanna know the origin and pick up some rough :razz: jk

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 5:10:29 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

They also do not tell you the stone''s origin, which for that price, I want to know.
+1 For wanting to know the stone''s origin.

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Don''t worry... I have no plan to purchase the ring. I was just looking at the aquamarine one again and came across this. At first I thought it was a ruby, but I knew that Tiffany wasn''t doing rubies anymore unless it was from their stock from a number of years back. It was the first time I even saw spinel mentioned in their collection, so, I thought it might be interesting to post. :) I do love Leon''s work and if I can find an incredible stone (light blue), I will get something by him or have someone else do a custom setting. I''m not too much of a fan of the ebay settings. Plus, I don''t have a good local jeweler to set them for me, so, I''m kind of stuck.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers. The price......holy s***!!!!!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady D,
This is the first I''m hearing about heated Mahenges. Wow! If it is indeed a Mahenge, the colour isn''t good - it isn''t vivid and eye catching. I would have mistaken it for a different stone. I don''t think Mahenges come in a stop light red, although other red spinels do. Mahenges tend to be pinkish red and are reknowned for their intense and glowing colour.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results