shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hunter827

Rough_Rock
Looking to talk to folks about the Tiffany Legacy ring. For all the criticism T&C recieves, the Legacy ring is stunning and a credit to their selection. My husband and I recently priced several Legacy rings from 1.73 carat to 2.5 carat and we were surprised by some of the information we received. Am willing to help anyone with the info we gathered...
twirl.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
We had a thread about the Legacy some weeks ago, so there's definitely interest. I think it's an exquisite piece and whatever additional info you can give us would be very much appreciated!

reena

Ideal_Rock
I just saw it in person--it's gorgeous. I'm hoping for a ring similar to that style . . . but from what some other posters on this site said, the prices appear (unsurprisingly) to be quite high.

Tiffany's stuff is beautiful, but for my money I think I'd rather sacrifice the name brand to get a bigger, nicer stone. I'm sure others would disagree! But that's just me.

hunter827

Rough_Rock
I think that postings about Tiffany prices are accurate. Their diamond jewelry is expensive. However, when I think about pieces of jewelry, I tend to view it much like art. You don't purchase art for its long-term value or for an investment. You purchase art and to some extend jewelry because you think that it is beautiful and gives you a wonderful feeling. The legacy ring in my opinion falls into this category.

My husband and I have been looking to purchase a new engagement ring for our anniversary. We wanted an art deco look with a quality stone. After looking many months in many different states (BTW, there is beautiful stuff in New Orleans) we concluded that we would have to custom design and commission a ring. We just happened to be in Tiffany and saw the Legacy ring and knew that this is the one.

Was it the most cost-effective purchase? Probably not...However, we are thrilled to have found exactly what we wanted and there is something about the romantic feeling one gets knowing they have a beautiful Tiffany ring on your finger. Call me an Audrey Hepbern romantic, but I fell for the experience and not necessarily the best value. We couldn't be more thrilled.

The high end for this ring currently is around $70,000 for an IF/F Color 1.4 carat.

The largest carat weight on the market at the moment for the legacy is 2.5 and the specs are are in the preferred categories at $45,000.

Tiffany for some reason tried to convince us that there was little difference in ring diameter between a 1.3 carat, a 1.73 carat, and a 2.2 carat. the jump from 1.3 to 1.73 was noticeable but not overwhelming. However, the jump from 1.73 to 2.2 was dramatically noticeable. It's a jaw dropper. Just stunning. The setting actually sits up a good 2 mm higher than the 1.73. We went with the 2.2 and love it...
wink2.gif

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Post a picture please!

Audrey Hepburn

Rough_Rock
Well, let's see this ROCK!!!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Yes!! Pictures are mandatory!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I can't wait for you to post your ring picture!
loopy.gif
I think the Legacy design is just beautiful, and congratulations to both of you!!!

hunter827

Rough_Rock
I will post picture on Friday. We are picking the ring up then. The suspense is killing me!!

hunter827

Rough_Rock
I will post picture on Friday. We are picking the ring up then. The suspense is killing me!!

hunter827

Rough_Rock
I attached a picture of the 1.73...

Legacy Ring1.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
wow, it looks fabulous!

i think it's great that you got the ring, and you're right, the exciting buying experience can sometimes be the best part of all. i'm jealous!
1.gif

enjoy!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have an idea of about what a Legacy with a 1 ct G-H color VS2 - SI1 center might cost? Just ballpark? I'm just trying to get an idea of exactly how much more expensive Tiff's is than an equivalent ring from somewhere else...

headlight

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/22/2004 1:40:25 AM katrina_33 wrote:

Anyone have an idea of about what a Legacy with a 1 ct G-H color VS2 - SI1 center might cost? Just ballpark? I'm just trying to get an idea of exactly how much more expensive Tiff's is than an equivalent ring from somewhere else...----------------

T & Co does not sell SI clarity stones.

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a gorgeous ring! (Btw, it's on the cover of the latest issue of WEDDINGBELLS magazine.)

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Hunter, is the 2.2 ct the total weight for the ring, or the ct weight of the center stone only? BTW I can't wait to see your ring!
appl.gif

hunter827

Rough_Rock
The center stone is 2.2...

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful, beautiful ring! I had a chance recently to drop in and see a Legacy in person, and it's breath-taking. Congratulations! Tomorrow's the day; I bet today feels like Christmas Eve for you!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Hunter, do you have your beauty yet!!! I've been checking in all day waiting for your new ring picture!!! I'm so excited for you!!
1.gif

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Here are Here are some Legacy Prices for you of current available stock (about a month or two ago): I think the diamond is a crisscutt design.

1.05 VS1-I $12,600
1.02 VVS1-I $12,800
1.16 VVS2-G $16,900
1.00 VVS2_G $14,900
1.13 VS1-H $15,000
1.04 VS2-G $14,400
1.11 VS2-H $14,300
1.19 VVS1-I $14,400

Again I was looking at 1 ct stones. Expect to pay around $16K to $18K/ct as you get closer to 2 cts.

EofT

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Crisscut is a branded cut by Christopher Designs, I believe, and not the cut in the Tiffany Legacy ring.

alvzz

Rough_Rock
I love the ring, I am looking to either buy one from Tiffany's or have a jeweler recreate it.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
While Tiffanys will never admit it, their legacy cut diamond is a crisscut. Tiffanys will never admit who their diamond cutters are but take a real close look at both - they are identical.

Zisjen

Rough_Rock
I'm head over heels in love with the ring...I think it is so different and I haven't seen it on anyone yet, so I'm definitely looking at it with my boyfriend. My only thing is...I'm not sure I need the Tiffany box (any jeweler can recreate it) so what I'm focusing on is a killer cushion-cut stone and maybe upgrading to the setting at a later time.

Tiffany also is telling people that the cushion cut is a brand new cut...it's been around since the 20s. My grandmothers stone was a cushion cut and she used my great-grandmothers stone. So T&Co is kinda full of it when it comes to that. Anyone can recreate it.

hunter827

Rough_Rock
When we bought our Legacy, T&C told us that they patented a variation on the cushion. The cushion is the closest thing to their patented design. So, I think that your salesperson had not read the T&C patent on the cut...But, its only been out a few months and I am guessing that they have not sold many of them yet...

We ended up buying the 2.2...Trying to get a pic in the daylight on my hand. It is stunning

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see a picture on your hand. It must be stunning.
Congrats.

llor555

Rough_Rock
I'm getting engaged and tried on the Legacy last night at Tiffany's! WOW! What a stunner, and i love the matching wedding band. (which is a thin diamond band). What is the possibility of having a jeweler recreate it for a MUCH lesser price (The one I saw was $27K for a 1.5 Carot cushion cut)
thanks! (does anyone have any idea how MUCH less you could have it made for? (i realize the stone has everything to do with the cost--say I found a stone for $5K..what would the setting cost to have recreated? Rough estimate? )

llor555

Rough_Rock
I'm getting engaged and tried on the Legacy last night at Tiffany's! WOW! What a stunner, and i love the matching wedding band. (which is a thin diamond band). What is the possibility of having a jeweler recreate it for a MUCH lesser price (The one I saw was $27K for a 1.5 Carot cushion cut)
thanks! (does anyone have any idea how MUCH less you could have it made for? (i realize the stone has everything to do with the cost--say I found a stone for $5K..what would the setting cost to have recreated? Rough estimate? )

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Icestore has something really similar.

http://icestore.com/rings/ring_detail.asp?ID=113

http://icestore.com/rings/ring_detail.asp?ID=17

http://icestore.com/rings/ring_detail.asp?ID=19

http://icestore.com/rings/ring_detail.asp?ID=114

llor555

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the speedy reply. Those are great and give me a starting point! Since our total budget for the ring(s)(engagement and band) is $5-7 K I don't know that I'll get this setting. The setting alone seems to be around $5K. And the stones range from $3K and UP... We'll see.. thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results