shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy ring - discontinued??

shananana

Rough_Rock
I am looking to purchase a Tiffany Aquamarine Legacy ring. I know Tiffany has a huge markup, but I've dreamed of this ring for sooooo many years. My spouse is now wanting to get it for me as an anniversary ring. Yet they aren't online anymore! Is Tiffany discontinuing the Legacy rings? I went into the store today, and they said they weren't, but I don't understand why they aren't online anymore. There was also only one in stock in the store which I found odd. It wasn't aquamarine, so they are searching for one for me.

If Tiffany isn't an option -- can anyone recommend another Aquamarine Legacy ring? I'm not looking for LOGR or something similarly inexpensive. I want this to be a super special ring that I'll pass down to my child and wear all the time (I know aquamarines are somewhat soft). The only negative I have to say about the Tiffany Legacy is that I'd love something that's a little more sparkly. Not sure if that's due to the cut of the stone or just the fact that it's an aquamarine and not a diamond.

Thanks for any ideas! FWIW, I did contact Chris at Whiteflash about doing a replica, but he never responded. I also just think I'd feel disappointed to have a knock-off. I know it's silly - I get it and the markup - but still.

Anyway - thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vatche makes a replica of the legacy setting, and if you want a special aquamarine I'm sure we can help you find something to best suit your budget.

Also, does it need to be an aquamarine? I'm concerned when you say you don't like it's "sparkle"

Also, are you against buying one second hand from a reputable vendor?

agingsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I understand wanting the original if it's what you've looked at for ages, and I'm sure Tiffany will be able to locate one in one of their stores. But if you're willing to consider other options (if you want something sparklier than aquamarine, for example) then JuliaB on etsy does a nice legacy-inspired custom setting. https://www.etsy.com/listing/167673918/custom-design-legacy-inspired-diamond?ref=shop_home_active_14

Blue zircon would be super sparkly, but soft so would hold up best as a sometimes-wear stone. In fact, here's one in a legacy-inspired setting: https://www.etsy.com/listing/206028233/27-carat-precision-cut-ocean-blue-zircon?ref=shop_home_active_3&ga_search_query=zircon

You can sometimes find some light blue sapphires that might be similar to an aquamarine, and would be hardier and sparklier, but they're usually a little more gray-blue than green-blue...

Good luck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aquamarine is a low RI stone and so will not be sparkly. If you want a high quality custom setting, you can contact ERD/Brilliantly Engaged for their custom setting service.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1456733893|3997236 said:
Aquamarine is a low RI stone and so will not be sparkly. If you want a high quality custom setting, you can contact ERD/Brilliantly Engaged for their custom setting service.
Another vote for BE for a legacy inspired setting. My avatar was made by BE, with a couple modifications (e.g., double yellow gold bezel around the center with milgrain)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results