shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy 0.37ct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nina85

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing a new e-ring and have fell in love with the tiffany legacy, however I am not sure if my budget can stretch that far.

I have been given a price from Tiffany for a 0.37ct, colour G, vvs1. I am wondering if this would be too small but I do only have tiny hands.

Anyone got any advice on wether this would look ok or should we carry on saving for a 0.50 ct. It has to be Tiffany a replica is not an option. The price Tiffany gave me was £3400.

30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
independent gal has a tiffany legacy that is less than a half carat..i think it''s gorgeous. Nothing wrong with saving up for a slightly larger one if you want too but I think getting the size you can afford now will be lovely. the legacy is my favorite tiffany design, i wouldn''t knock it off either
2.gif

ringzoom.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Do they have something with a lesser clarity? That way you could maybe get some more size. VVS1 is very high.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also ask for an H VS2 stone to try and get the size up a little. I think the Legacy is gorgeous, but I would personally wait until I could get a half carat. I am thinking that they only allow an upgrade if you buy a ring at twice the value or more, so it would be a good idea wo wait and just get the one you really want in the first place.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 8:17:30 AM
Author: mrssalvo
independent gal has a tiffany legacy that is less than a half carat..i think it''s gorgeous. Nothing wrong with saving up for a slightly larger one if you want too but I think getting the size you can afford now will be lovely. the legacy is my favorite tiffany design, i wouldn''t knock it off either
2.gif

ringzoom.jpg

Where was this hiding!?! Love it, gotta go find the thread!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 9:31:56 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I would also ask for an H VS2 stone to try and get the size up a little. I think the Legacy is gorgeous, but I would personally wait until I could get a half carat. I am thinking that they only allow an upgrade if you buy a ring at twice the value or more, so it would be a good idea wo wait and just get the one you really want in the first place.

I agree with diamondseeker. I''d lower color and clarity and save a little more money to try to get a .5 carat. I also recall hearing that their upgrade policy requires spending double.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I so love your ring choice!!!!! And the halo would certainly make it look larger. I vote for bigger size and less color and clarity, too, if possible, but my first ring was .2 and I loved it for years and years. I am no expert at all--but I seem to remember people talking about looking through Tiffany''s inventory from other stores to find what you want, so I think you are not limited to what one store has. Good luck!

nina85

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of a 0.5ct, I am not to worried a bout the upgrade policy at the moment coz this ring is my upgrade. The ring I currently have is a three stone an fairly small in comparison to the Legacy. It has 2 diamonds and the centre stone is a tanzinate it is a lovely ring but I want MORE ! I would consider going lower than vvs1 but not a lower colour. I did look at there Princess cut ring and the solitare ( which is also lovely) and with both of those I can get more for my money.

I just really dont know any ideas what I should do guys.
33.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nina, the Legacy is going to have a larger appearance because of the halo. I''d just try for a G VS2 to get a little more size, or else wait until you save a little more money!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 1:16:33 PM
Nina, the Legacy is going to have a larger appearance because of the halo. I''d just try for a G VS2 to get a little more size, or else wait until you save a little more money!
Ditto what she says.
9.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 1:29:35 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 10/21/2007 1:16:33 PM
Ditto what she says.
9.gif
Another ditto. When I got my ring from Tiffany''s I had them search through their inventory database, and shipped several diamonds from all over the country to my store. If you have specifics in mind, such as G/VS2, just have them search for it and you can get a bigger one. what would be the price difference btw the current one and 0.5? i don''t think it will be too much, and in grand scheme of thing it might be better just go for the 0.5 and you can be happy for a long time!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok mrssalvo, where did you find that pic? I searched everywhere. I would love to see a hand shot if possible. I think it''s lovely at that size!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi nina85,

i would echo what everyone has already suggested (going down in color and clarity to go up on size) but either way, IMO, you can''t go wrong. the legacy is just such a lovely ring and that carries through at any size. it''s a treasure!

good luck, can''t wait to see what you end up with and the pics!!
28.gif

precious jemz

Rough_Rock
Being an "experienced upgrader", I can tell you that when presented with a question whether to settle for what you have going vs. what you really want ... that thought will be in the back of your mind until it''s satisfied!
It can be difficult to sell jewery or trade in/spend double, so my thought is to save for what you really want and avoid the hassle.
If you really know, really, really know that you will be happy in the long-term with the .37, then go for it, realizing that after the glow of acquisition, the "diamond shrinkage syndrome" can kick in!
My motto - go for what you really want and look no further!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results