shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany - Ladies I need your wisdom!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this is the right forum but you ladies (and gents) are so friendly and wise so here goes!

Ok so amongst things that I want to add to my collection, I've fallen in love with the Tiffany Bow Cuff.
I also like the Tiffany Infinity Cuff. Love both in the rose gold.

I've been thinking of adding a rose gold bangle to my collection.

My problem is the price! Do I want to spend that much on a brand? Probably not but it's so pretty!

So I was wondering if I could get someone to copy the design and this is where you ladies come in.

Can they ever copy it as well as the original? After all the energy of finding a jeweller, CADs etc is it just easier to walk into Tiffany? Would I save THAT much?

Advise me ladies! The Infinity Cuff looks copyable but the Bow Cuff looks trickier imo!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, it cannot be an exact copy due to copyright infringement. It can be similar (inspired) but with differences to make it your very own version.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They shouldn't copy but they do there have been numerous discussions on here about that if you google it. David Klass master of knocking off anything, and if he won't do it look on Ebay and on Instagram it's full of cheap Chinese Tiffany copies, middle priced Middle Eastern and US Tiffany copies.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's the Tiffany you really want, it's kind of foolish to look for a replica that will probably prove to be a disappointment.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the time you get a good jeweler to replica the look, the cost isn’t going to be too different to the real thing. So I’d suggest going with the real deal. Otherwise if the replica isn’t as you hoped / expected, you’ll be stuck with an expensive bangle that reminds you that it isn’t what you really wanted.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just get the original. It is really beautiful and looks fabulous on your wrist :love:

If you do choose to have a vendor copy another jeweller’s designs please don’t post about it anywhere on the internet: the vendor who unethically agreed to execute the copy has not earned - and does not deserve - the advertisement.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The copy is definitely a bad idea now that I've tried the real thing on. There were so many tiny details I loved about it.

I think I either need to make peace and find something different from somewhere cheaper that I like or fork out for the real deal.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty bracelet! If you aren't in a hurry you could try to find it second hand, let someone else pay the premium for the name. This would take a certain amount of diligence both to ensure authenticity and to catch one when it comes up. Also this obviously isn't a viable option if you need to have new instead of pre-loved.

Just make sure if you buy it retail you are okay with the price otherwise you might always have a little twinge of guilt when you wear it and that it never a good feeling.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at the price...EEk. It is pretty. They have only be out since 2005, but if you stalk Ebay and 1st dibs you might find one used.

When I have jewelery obsessions, I tend to impose a 6 month wait on myself. See if I still like it or not.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Or save up for 1 nice big valuable stone with that money :) Like a verdant green jadeite or a hot pink sapphire that is unique. :P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd still give David Klass an email or telephone call. It is quite pretty especially on your wrist.. tough one. Your resale would be better with a Tiffany, but are you going to ever sell it? doubt it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*sniffles*

I went and tried this one yesterday. Isn't it perfect *sniffles*

IT"S SO EXPENSIVE!!!!!

IMG-20171118-WA0001.jpg
Maybe it's prettier in person, but when I first saw this, I thought it looked like a piece of yarn around your wrist. I had to zoom in to see the diamonds. I don't care for it's design aesthetics, but that's JMO. I like the concept of the bow, but I think the whole thing should be white metal and the bow should be more 3D looking. Maybe a designer could do a better job, but as a jeweler and design house, I think Tiffany is extremely overrated.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander you sensible person you!!!! Hehe that's what I'm doing! Stew on it for a while and see what happens.

I expect to pay some sort of a design fee when I buy something but I think knowing there is A LOT of "design fees" in that Tiffany piece is making me balk a bit.

This reminds me of something that happened about ten years ago. The hubby and I were on holidays shopping. There was this magnificent rose gold bangle with diamonds for around $5,000. He begged me to buy it because he LOVES rose gold and thought it was the most gorgeous thing ever. I poo pooed the idea because we were starting out and had very modest salaries from our graduate jobs. He still talks about it to this day.

Perhaps I can find something like that again at a non Tiffany price!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have the Tiffany Infinity Bangle in yellow gold and I LOVE IT! When it comes to gold work - they really are master craftsman. I got the one without the diamonds - it's elegant, understated and easy to wear with anything.

When it comes to the signature Tiffany pieces, it really is worth saving up and getting the real thing although I must confess I don't buy anything of theirs with gemstones or diamonds - only their plain metal pieces.

A knock off - no matter how well made - it still a knock off. :nono: Get the real thing or have something custom made that is unique to you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would not try to copy the Tiffany Bow ... or any bow design.

I would try to find a vintage bow brooch & make it into a bangle.

Just a thought ...

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's prettier in person, but when I first saw this, I thought it looked like a piece of yarn around your wrist. I had to zoom in to see the diamonds. I don't care for it's design aesthetics, but that's JMO. I like the concept of the bow, but I think the whole thing should be white metal and the bow should be more 3D looking. Maybe a designer could do a better job, but as a jeweler and design house, I think Tiffany is extremely overrated.

+ 1 I don't overly like the design of it either. Why not design a diamond or gemstone bow bracelet or bangle from scratch and not even attempt to copy it. A vintage conversion piece is an excellent idea as well. Try rubylane and Etsy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander you sensible person you!!!! Hehe that's what I'm doing! Stew on it for a while and see what happens.

I expect to pay some sort of a design fee when I buy something but I think knowing there is A LOT of "design fees" in that Tiffany piece is making me balk a bit.

This reminds me of something that happened about ten years ago. The hubby and I were on holidays shopping. There was this magnificent rose gold bangle with diamonds for around $5,000. He begged me to buy it because he LOVES rose gold and thought it was the most gorgeous thing ever. I poo pooed the idea because we were starting out and had very modest salaries from our graduate jobs. He still talks about it to this day.

Perhaps I can find something like that again at a non Tiffany price!

As a design house, Tiffany has exorbitant overhead and advertising fees. Over the years, the quality has gone down on some mass produced pieces, despite the prices. Maybe you can find it secondhand, or as others have mentioned, a vintage piece that this design appears to emulate.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you really need to decide ultimately is what will make YOU happy. If anything other than the real Tiffany piece won't scratch the itch then you're only options are buying it at the Tiffany store or waiting it out to find one secondhand.

Personally the suggestion of making a bracelet from a vintage piece is a terrific idea, you will have a totally unique, one of a kind piece of art and I'm betting it would be less than the cost of the mass produced Tiffany piece. Etsy is a great place to browse vintage and antique pieces, you might find some inspiration there. Whatever you decide I look forward to pictures!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I love it and think it looks great on you!

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
It's truly stunning! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results