shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Knife Edge Solitaire -- Thanks to Martin Fuller, Pricescope, Quest Jewelers, and Sara

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

azabs

Rough_Rock
Here's the ring that I hope will begin the rest of my life with my future fiance.

The diamond from Sara at wieder & shifman
$5011
EGL antwerp report
6.70 x 6.67 x 4.00
H color (E according to EGL)
SI1/SI2 (eye clean, VS2 according to EGL)
59.8 Depth
57 Table
Ex/Ex None
Ideal Cut
crown height 14%
pavilion depth 43%
thin to medium girdle

0.7 on HCA
hopefully somewhat H&A ish

The appraisal
Martin Fuller & Associates

The setting
platinum 950 knife edge solitaire 2.5 to 3.5 mm from Quest Jewelers

The advice and support
Pricescope, baby!

First, I got the stone from Sara, without knowing the difference between an EGL and a GIA cert. I think it worked out cause Sara sold me a very nice stone. At first, when i realized the difference between the two certs (after i had bought it and without a return policy) i freaked! but, it was still a good rock for the price.

Second, i got the appraisal from Martin and he told me it was an excellent cut although the color was 3 letters off from the EGL and clarity was 1-2 off. And that if i were to buy it online, i would've probably paid around the same, whew! Martin was very courteous and knowledgeable. he worked on the Hope diamond and the Smithsonian blue heart! I'd work with them again in a heartbeat.

Third, i searched all the local B&M here in northern virginia, (or Nova) for a setting she would like. I visited every jewelery store at tysons I and fair oaks along with Washington diamond, dominion jewelers and of course tiffany's. I picked the tiffany for the classic, look that she can where all the time while still be able to do normal activities. you know girl things like cleaning, cooking, etc. hahaha i joke... Quest had the right price and the right product, a quality product. At first when i picked up the ring, the crown was turned a little clockwise. They tried to fix it there but i think there was still a little bit of twist to it. So i asked them to work on it and 4 days later i got a call back saying it was done. When i came in, it was great. But when i looked at it again, it still looked a little twisted...

Fourth, i got the follow appraisal from Martin again. No problems. I told him about the slight clockwise turn and we agreed that because of the issue before, i was hypersensitive to it and the light was playing tricks on my eyes making me think it was still twisted.

Finally, i brought it back to Quest to get it cleaned of scratches and dust for the big day. Thanks to Pete and Huan at Quest for a premium setting.

Now for the proposal...

DSCF0612.JPG

azabs

Rough_Rock

DSCF0613.JPG

azabs

Rough_Rock

DSCF0615.JPG

azabs

Rough_Rock

DSCF0635.JPG

azabs

Rough_Rock

DSCN3648.JPG

azabs

Rough_Rock

DSCN3649.JPG

azabs

Rough_Rock

Arrows1booya.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very classic and pretty, she''ll love it!

Good luck!

azabs

Rough_Rock

Hearts1booya.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! You were very smart to get that appraisal since the EGL cert was so far off. But you were also lucky that your stone did turn out to be nicely cut!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great! Glad everything worked out for the best! Hopefully she can take a break from cooking and cleaning for you guys to take some handshots and post them here!
38.gif
3.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hello fellow Northern Virginian!
35.gif

Pete at Quest is top notch. I worked with them on 2 projects and recommended Pete for a clsoe friend''s custom wedding band. Her wedding ring was stunning and fit her e-ring perfectly!

We used Martin Fuller 5 years ago to get my original e-ring appraised. We were beyond impressed with him and his wife! Hold on to your appraisial because it was what really got me my insurance refund when my diamond was found to be chipped a couple of weeks ago. I plan to go back to Fuller & Associates in a couple of weeks to get my new appraisial!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

azabs

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the awesome comments. I hope she likes it as much as you guys do. I just love the way it sparkles and catches the flash from the camera and zings it right back. ZING!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Don''t make her wait too long!

beesknees

Rough_Rock
So sparkly and classy! Congrats!! She''s a lucky girl!

azabs

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 11:22:41 PM
Author: february2003bride
Hello fellow Northern Virginian!
35.gif

Pete at Quest is top notch. I worked with them on 2 projects and recommended Pete for a clsoe friend''s custom wedding band. Her wedding ring was stunning and fit her e-ring perfectly!

We used Martin Fuller 5 years ago to get my original e-ring appraised. We were beyond impressed with him and his wife! Hold on to your appraisial because it was what really got me my insurance refund when my diamond was found to be chipped a couple of weeks ago. I plan to go back to Fuller & Associates in a couple of weeks to get my new appraisial!

Agreed, Quest is one of the best jewelers in the area. I went there on recommendation from this forum and Martin. I''ll definitely go back there to check out their wedding bands.

I will remember to put the appraisal in a safe place, probably a safety deposit box. That little pamphlet is worth thousands of dollars when you think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results